Should I take this job?

I got offered a babysitting job T-S from 7:30-around 4 for 4 kids in their home for $185 a week. 2 kids would always be there, 1 half day, one after school. And all 4 on Saturday. Plus my son. I really need the job, and I get to stay with my son. But that's a lot of kids for that amount of money.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:21 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Money & Work

• That seems like a lot of kids for the money, especially since you have to travel to them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• It does seem like very little, but what could you do with that extra money?

Honestly I use the money to help me get out of having a job.

I would use it to build a business.

Have money work for me, not work for money.

Can you ask for transportaion costs?

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 10:53 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• OP here- no, this wouldn't be extra money. I need this money to live.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• That does seem like a lot of your time and effort for the pay. What will you do in the mean time to get by though? Although you are only being offered a little over $4.00 an hour, and you need the money...I don't know if you should take this job...at least until you can find something else? Maybe you could renegotiate with the Employer, and ask for more pay. I would be embarrassed to offer someone less than $5.00 an hour to sit with my children, although that really may be all she can afford to offer. I can at least offer to help you with avenues to save money. I am pretty good with a budget, and I have some great savings ideas if you are interested. I am also an IBO, letting me earn a modest commission on top of saving substantial money on my household spending. I am happy to help any way I can, send me a PM if you are interested. I look forward to hearing from you soon, and good luck with babysitting woes!
    Cheapsk8mom

Answer by Cheapsk8mom at 5:11 AM on Sep. 25, 2009