I seriously want to beat this guy down!

Okay so my DH has this Bestfriend Names Max.. Max has moved several times over this past year. When DH and I got married in Feb we couldnt find Max. We went by his work place a few times to drop off and invite but he wasnt working. DH and max work at the same place but have different schedules and rarely see each other on the job. So one day we went to find him again and we did! But guess what! he ran from us. He wouldnt speak to us and pretended we werent calling out for him. This went on for like 15 mins. then I finally said enough. It pisssed me off he was treating my DH like that. Come to find out from another one of their friends.. Max said its cause he didnt know about the wedding first... WTF??? So to this day he pretends DH isnt there and refuses to talk to him. Well Max talked to my MIL the other day about the situation and he told her a completely different story!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:21 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• He said that he didn’t like to be around me cause it was awkward and DH never set aside him and Max time anymore… Yadda yadda yadda. What I don’t get about that is, I never have once refused DH his friends. I invite them over! Ill make big dinners for them and stuff. PLUS Max always brought his Snotty slut ass 16 year old girlfriend with him. YES SIXTEEN! He is 21... Gross her parents don’t care. She is rude and talks really sexually and in my opinion is out of control for a 16yo. I don’t get along with her but I bite my tongue so as not to cause trouble with Max and DH… Not anymore! I see her and I am extremely rude to her and Max now. What pisses me off is it hurts DH a lot. How do I fix it? I don’t know how and it hurts me to see him hurt?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• It sounds like Max is jealous of your taking his friend away from him.

Answer by louise2 at 9:25 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Even if he is jealous can't he be happy for his best friend? Max has been with his teeny bopper girlfriend for longer than DH and I have been together(3yrs)... She has always been around and DH has never complained. Plus Max is constantly complaining about her when her back is turned. Grrr! I know I wouldnt do that to my friends if they were happy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I WOULD BE NICE EVEN THOUGHT YOU DON'T REALLY LIKE WHAT THIS GUY HAS DONE,IF YOU CAN GET OVER IT,I WOULD ASK HIM AND HIS GIRL FRIEND OVER FOR LUNCH AND BE NICE AND IF SHE STARTS TALKING ABOUT SEXUAL THINGS THAT BOTHER YOU BE NICE AND TELL HER THAT SOME THINGS SHE SAYS MAKES YOU UNCOMFORTABLE! YOU HAVE TO REALIZE THAT HE WAS YOUR HUSBANDS FRIEND AND YOU ARE REPLACING HIM, SO HE IS JEALOUS! GL
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 9:30 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Wow...how old are all of you...ten? Sounds like an all-around maturity issue.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• It sounds like Max needs to grow the hell up, and stop pretending you two are "playing house" in 1st grade.
    It really is hard in a situation like this - my DH is in a similar position. There's not much that you can do at this point. who knows, maybe it's his gf putting "poison" in his brain. But, give your DH and yourself, maybe, the opportunity to just let it all out. Maybe something like "Look, I've been hearing a lot of weird things being said, and I wouldn't want anything to come between us (DH and you) and I wanted to tell you, you were one of the first people to know about our wedding announcement. I (We/DH) really enjoys your company and thinks you're a great pal. We (DH and you) should hang out sometime. Have a guys night out (maybe insert joke about married life isn't quite the same as two guys kidding around - whatever). You know where I (we) are. Don't be a stranger"
    The ball is in his court. Let him decide.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 9:37 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• It seems to me that Max is one of those unfortunate cases of a person in their early twenties who has not yet come to terms with the fact that they are no longer a teenager. The fact that he is dating an equally immature sixteen year old is further evidence of this. Perhaps he is suddenly uncomfortable with the idea of you because seeing his best friend grow up and start a family either (a) has made him realize that he is afraid to become an adult too, or (b) has made him feel alienated because he is not yet ready to settle down. We always hear so much about people having a "mid-life crisis", but I think many young people have a similar inner crisis when they find themselves standing on the thresh-hold between childhood and adulthood.

EternalChild86

Answer by EternalChild86 at 9:40 PM on Sep. 24, 2009