sick 6 month old

my baby boy is 6 months old and is all stuffed up. i know you cant buy the infants cold meds anymore so does anyone have any home remedies? he hasnt really slept in 2 days! at least not for more than 1 hour at a time!!!

robbinsme

Asked by robbinsme at 9:41 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Why can't you buy infant cold meds? Not trying to be sarcastic, just want to know if I missed some info out there.

Did you try a humidifier? That would help with the stuffiness.
    Jem0582

Answer by Jem0582 at 10:10 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Get a humidifier. It is the absolute best! His nose will unclog in a couple of days. Run it in his vicinity constantly and most especially during naps and night time. Other than that use can use saline drops and a bulb syringe. I will warn you though, twice when my DS was younger and he got a stuffed/runny nose he got an ear infection and showed no other symptoms. I would take him to the Doc just to be sure. I didn't know they ever made any infant cold meds......
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 10:14 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• they used to make cold meds (cough syrup and so on) for infants under 2 yrs old. i read all over the internet today that the drug companies voluntarily recalled all infant cold meds because people were combining them with other infants meds and children were getting sick or dying. i had never even heard about it nor knew about the recal so i doubled checked my grocery store as well as pharmacy...no infant meds! sucks people can read warning labels or follow them for the matter. oh well. thanks ladies.
    robbinsme

Answer by robbinsme at 11:43 PM on Sep. 24, 2009