Can too many flea bites make my 2 year old sick?

autumn57

Asked by autumn57 at 9:42 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Health

• Sick in terms of the itch turning into an infection from so much scratching - yes. I get horribly itchy when my animals have had fleas - I've learned to hug them around their necks but not their bodies.

What happened to your baby, a fever somehow you mean? Have you treated your pet?
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 9:45 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Yes, a flea can carry all sorts of diseases. Just like any other parasite which is what they really are.

Also, after they bite the intense scratching can lead to infected wounds.

mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:46 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• There aren't many diseases passed by fleas today, but fleas have been known to carry the black plague and murine typhus. Avoid disease by having a home treated for fleas with help from a pest control operator in this free video on flea control and extermination.

I found this online for you. Sounds unlikely that the child would have gotten anything...but who knows.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:48 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Gosh I don't like animals so it's alot easier for me to say this..get rid of your pet if it's causing harm to your child. It's not worth it.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 10:45 PM on Sep. 24, 2009