Has your young child ever (accidently, of course) caused you physical harm?

I was holding my 9.5 month old daughter in the shower tonight, and she kept trying to pull on my hair. I turned my head so that she could not reach it, but she decided to turn my head back! She did so by putting one hand on my cheek, hooking the other in my nose, and pulling. The inside of my nose has been very raw, due to allergies, and apparently I had a sore in there from blowing my nose so much. I handed her to her father, stepped out, and found that my nose was bleeding! Next time, I think I will just let her pull my hair. LOL

EternalChild86

Asked by EternalChild86 at 10:02 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My son headbutted me accidently as a toddler and bloodied my nose lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:04 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Yes, she has bashed our noses a few times too.
    EternalChild86

Answer by EternalChild86 at 10:05 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• My son at age 1 hit me in the eye with a can opener...don't ask, but it hurt! lol
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 10:08 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• all the time! lately however she wants to be held constantly and has actually injured my arm due to holding her. So now that i cant she uses my collarbone (sp) to climb up me! She's also bitten me once (the only time she's ever bitten me) on my tricep, drew blood and left a huge bruise! She constanly is digging her nails in me and i have marks all over... she's pinched my nose before and my nose ring caused my nose to start bleeding... or she's tried pulling my belly ring out. But I love her so much... i have gotten used to a lot of this! At least she only bit me once and hasn't hit me yet!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 10:09 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• ALLL the time. And it's only me! Pfft.
    He's 15 months going on 16, and he's... my insane rocker boy. lol.
    He head bangs when he's in my arms, and has bashed his titanium skull into my nose and caused it to bleed. He loves clapping his hands, and if you get close, he claps your face - it stings - while giggling like a maniac.
    He pulls my hair too. Bugger.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 10:15 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• my DD is 15 months & STILL beats me up accidentally. she's usually rolling around while were playing & just flings her head up too fast. there are few things in this world that make me have to walk away for fear of hitting my child...a toddler head to the nose is one of them haha. i know she doesnt mean too, but it just hurts so freaking much! maybe i just have a sensitive nose cause it bleeds every single time...once i thought she had broken it i was in so much pain haha
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:25 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• When my son was about 3, he had some surgery. When he awoke from the anesthetic, he was extremely agitated. The nurse got him out of bed and handed him to me to I could try and calm him. In the process of his agitation his head hit me in the jaw and broke it (my jaw, not his head LOL)
    Kristin21

Answer by Kristin21 at 10:30 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Oh yeah, I have a swollen lip. My baby girl *8.5 months* just punched me in the mouth.

FYI, your lil one will get over hair pulling if you allow it, they will soon realize that it is not so much fun.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 10:32 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• She pulled herself up to sitting once by using her father's under arm hair....LOL...I did not know he could scream so loud.
    EternalChild86

Answer by EternalChild86 at 8:11 AM on Sep. 25, 2009