Green Cabbage Recipes?

I bought a mixed box of fruits & veggies at a good price. In the box was one head of green cabbage. Cabbage is not something we regularly eat and I would like to make something with it that we all may like. Anyone have some really good recipes that their family likes and that call for fresh green cabbage?

mom2aspclboy

Asked by mom2aspclboy at 10:12 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Corn beef and cabbage is good. coleslaw.

Answer by louise2 at 10:15 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Search Yoki Soba noodles. It is a Japanese stir fry that has bits of meat (chicken) sauce, noodles, bits of carrot, onions, cabbage, mushrooms. You can add whatever you like or leave it out. Of coarse you won't need a whole head of cabbage, so you could use some to make cole slaw also. I make mine with finely sliced cabbage, carrots and green onions. I use Morton's Natures Seasons seasoning and sugar. I thin the mayo with milk before adding it to veggies.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 11:16 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I make this very yummy soup that has green cabbage in it, chicken broth, tomato paste, you chop up onions, carrots, zucchini, and mix it together and add basil it's very great soup and add your seasonings to it, and add cheese and crackers to top it off. It's amazing! I made this recipe for a ex of mine and 5 of his guy friends, and then just recently made it for My Husband and a friend. :) My Teacher made this once for a few years for all the students
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 11:36 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• If you would like this recipe how to make it, please just message me.
    Hesmynavyman

• Crock Pot Sweet and Sour Cabbage Rolls with Beans
    1 large head green cabbage
    1 can (15 oz.) black beans or red kidney beans, rinsed and drained (or 1.5 cups home cooked)
    1 cup cooked brown rice
    1/2 cup chopped carrots
    1/2 cup chopped celery
    1 medium onion, chopped
    1 clove garlic, minced
    3-1/2 cups marinara sauce or meatless spaghetti sauce (jarred or home cooked)
    1/3 cup raisins
    3 TB lemon juice
    1TB packed brown sugar
    Remove 8 large outer leaves from head of cabbage. In a Dutch oven cook cabbage leaves in boiling water for 4 to 5 minutes or just until leaves are limp. Drain cabbage leaves. Trim the thick rib in center of each leaf. Set leaves aside. Shred 4 cups of the remaining cabbage; place shredded cabbage in a 3-1/2 to 6 quart crock pot. In medium bowl combine beans, cooked rice, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, and 1/2 cup of the marinara sauce.

cont

Answer by rkoloms at 7:50 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Divide bean mixture evenly
    among the 8 cabbage leaves, using about 1/3 cup per leaf. Fold sides of leaf over filling and roll up. Repeat with remaining cabbage rolls Combine remaining marinara sauce, raisins, lemon juice, and brown sugar. Pour about half of the sauce mixture over shredded cabbage in
    cooker. Stir to mix. Place cabbage rolls atop shredded cabbage. Top with remaining sauce.

Cover and cook on LOW heat setting for 7 to 9 hours or on HIGH heat setting for 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours. Carefully remove the cooked cabbage rolls and serve with the shredded cabbage.

• You can make inside out cabbage rolls, take a baking dish chop cabbage, Put a layer in add a bit of tomatoe or v8 juice place meatballs on top and layer like that till your pans full :) Cook for about a hour on 350.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 8:24 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Thanks everybody!

I think I'm going to make stuffed cabbage rolls, as that sounds really good! My great aunt used to make stuffed cabbage rolls and I had completely forgotten about them until I read your replies. I used to love her cabbage rolls, so that is what I'm going to make, as I haven't had them years and years. :-D
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 12:16 PM on Sep. 25, 2009