ground beef for baby???

Its dinner time, and we are having hamburgers. I am just wondering if my 5 month old is old enough for some beef. She has handled mushed up veggies and fruit, and even though she does not seem to like mushy chicken or turkey, I was wondering if beef is okay if it does not have too much added flavor. any impute? oh, and no teeth yet.

xoJessyxo

Asked by xoJessyxo at 10:28 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Please don't do it. Hamburger is such a hard meat for babies to chew. Chicken is easier for them. That is what I started my baby on first. I learned with my oldest that hamburger is just too hard. It's best to hold off until like a year for that.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 10:28 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Oh my gosh I really doubt it!! I didn't even think babies should be eating anything but rice cereal or stage 1 baby foods at that young age! I would definitely ask you doc before giving it to her.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 10:31 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I personally didnt give my son any ground beef until he was a year...... I would stick to chicken and turkey as the only meats, beef is very hard on a babies tummy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• SORRY SORRY SORRY.

she's 6 months. pushed the wrong button
    xoJessyxo

Answer by xoJessyxo at 10:34 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Seems a little early to me but every baby is different. If she isn't making a chewing motion yet, she's probably too young. If you puree it, you might have better results.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 10:52 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• no i don't think it good. Beef is really tough on the tummy. your baby might get a tummy ache.
    yevsgirl

Answer by yevsgirl at 11:41 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• have u ever seen beef in a pureed baby food i havent so i wouldnt risk it
    aidensmama8

Answer by aidensmama8 at 12:30 AM on Sep. 25, 2009