swollen finger

so last night my dd said her hand hurt i didn't think anything about it. i just thought she was trying to get out of going to sleep(she has tried that once before) anyways today she said her hand hurt and she was showing daddy. i don't think he looked at it well. when he went off to work she was playing with toys and i noticed her hand was red. i look and her middle finger is swollen. its red kinda purple. she can move it just fine and when i touch it she does not say anything. i can bend it all ways . and no complains. just every now and then she will tell me it hurts. well i noticed it at 6:00 pm today. its 10:14 and her hand looks the same. I don't know how much i should worry about it. it just worried me that her finger is still swollen and i don't know how long its been swollen. anyone have something swollen and it just stopped being swollen in time? could it be a big bruise in her whole finger?

de_sly

Asked by de_sly at 10:30 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• could it be some type of bite? Or she pinched it in a door? I would just put ice on it and see if it goes down.
    ashleyuc07

Answer by ashleyuc07 at 10:33 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• i was thinking that right now that maybe its a bug bite. im not really sure what happend to her. im thinking as long as she can move it . and use it then she is fine. it just make me worried that her finger is twice as normal. i dont see a bite at all. humm idk
    de_sly

Answer by de_sly at 10:37 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• If it really hurts her baby tylonal or motrin could help. Ice for swelling.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 10:38 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• mabe a hair got raped around it and its swollen and u cant see the hair,that happend to my lil one befor.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 11:17 PM on Sep. 24, 2009