How to tame hair in the rain??

My hair has a natural wave to it. And when it rains I absolutely can not wear it straight or it will frizz right up! Is there anything i can do so that i CAN wear it straight in the rain?

Mrs.Loeffel

Asked by Mrs.Loeffel at 10:34 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• The only thing I've found (that works for my hair - and trust me I have some wild-woman frizz in the rain - even high humidity) is Elements by Aveda. Nothing otr will work on my hair, I've tried literally every product on the shelf.

When I lived by the coast - if I was 2 blocks from the water I just had this huge head of curls, spiral curls. But put me on the beach and I turned into Medusa. It was ugly. Good luck darling. Hey, I did find that when I straightened my hair on the hotter setting AND used the Elements AND brought my hair to a completely cooled off stage before going out, it don't frizz up in humidity, it will only start to react if it actually gets wet.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 10:43 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Oh yeah, I forgot... check into something called JessiCurl. It's specifically for wavy and curly hair - I just don't know if I'd use it every day. She even has videos on how to plop your hair to get the maximum results.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 10:45 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• If your hair frizzes in the rain, it needs moisture....if it goes flat, it needs protein. Try a hot oil treatment and a leave in smoother. S Factor Lusterizer is amazing. (S Factor anything is amazing)
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 10:45 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• just remember, once it gets wet, even if its just moisture in the air, the product is only going to last so long...the hair's natural tendency to frizz/wave/curl will 'bounce' right back once the moisture gets into it.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:34 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I have naturally curly hair that I straighten usually. We have very humid weather here and the best thing I've tried for frizz are the Mark hair products! They're inexpensive, smell awesome and work well. I also like the dry ends serum by Advanced Techniques. All are Avon brands. www.youravon.com/dhullum use coupon code fsany for free shipping.
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 8:13 PM on Sep. 25, 2009