Did you ever accidentally drop something on your newborns face/ head?

I feel so bad one day I was multi-tasking when she was a week old, and accidentally dropped My cell phone on her face while talking, it was way close to her face but didn't hurt her, she kind of cried, and then last night I scratched her with My nail, and then freaking today which I feel horrible I have her diapers up in her closet and I was trying to get one package down but two were about to fall at the same time, and one ended up falling on her face/ forehead so! Now when I do anything I am not going to hold her or bring her with me to do stuff like that! I felt too horrible, and I cut My finger nails! :(

Hesmynavyman

Asked by Hesmynavyman at 10:35 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No, but I did drop my son in the dressing room one day. He was in his car seat, strapped in, and I had my older son with me, who was 2 at the time. I was trying to get him, my older son, and all the clothes I was trying on out of the dressing room. I needed to put my son down for a second, and I went to put him on the bench, but I missed and he fell off and the seat landed on the floor on its side. My son wasn't hurt, but he cried for a good twenty minutes. To top it all off, my older son spent the whole time saying, "You dropped him Mommy, and you scared him." while we finished our shopping.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 10:41 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Well, i have not had a newborn yet.
    But my mom dropped my older brother on his head ...TWICE! ...lol yea. he was her first child. ...and the first time she "dropped" him, it was actually that she forgot that she had put him (in his carseat) on top of the car and drove away. ...he was only a few days old. HE WAS FINE! lol. the carseat kept him safe. I dont remember how she dropped him the second time.
    Of course, this was 30 years ago and she was only 17 when she had him. And there's a chance she might have been stoned or something. She didn't always make the best choices when she was first starting out.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:44 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Oh yea, I've dropped my cell phone on her head/face a few times when she was a newborn. Mostly b/c she was fascinated and wanted to hold it but couldn't, so technically she dropped it on her self. But, when she was learning to sit up on her own I had her on the counter sitting up combing her hair with a hand in front but apparantly not close enough. She fell forward and broke her fall with her head against the wall! =( To make it worse, she did it again an hour later at the Dr's office (this time it was the nurse's fault), right before she had her shots! It was horrible and I felt sooooo bad.
    babyjenks

Answer by babyjenks at 11:03 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• outstandinglove, was your brother injured?
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 11:22 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• i know exactly how u feel i feel like all i can do is hurt my son ive cut his finger twice w the nail clippers(jus barely nicked it) and hes rolled off the bed twice, and one time his bottle slipped out of my hands and landed on his face when he was about 2 months old i felt soo bad
    aidensmama8

Answer by aidensmama8 at 12:11 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I dropped my vibrator on my daughters head. Yeah. Go mom!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:58 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I had to wear my youngest to get anything done - so at dinner time, in order to eat, she needed to be in her sling. Well, I dropped so much food on her little face, it was ridiculous. Rice, couscous, a piece of steak, vegetables. haha, poor thing.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 3:37 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• lol I'm afraid of doing that! LOl I eat over My daughter while holding her, but I am starting to stop doing that as well.
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 3:48 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I was eating a piece of french bread and it fell on her face! It didn't hurt her but it was funny. I eat all the time when nursing her so she does get bits of food on her sometimes.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 9:55 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Not that I can remember but he does manage to whack himself in the head mulitple times a day. Oh 1 year olds, they are clumsy little monsters!
    Liz0808

Answer by Liz0808 at 11:17 PM on Sep. 26, 2009