what are good ways to speed up my labor if im already 2 to 3 cm and 50% efface???

i just want to know what can make my labor speed she is bein lazy im almost 38 weeks but my doc told me that my pelvic area is 2 narrow and it might take time to speed up but what are other ways i could speed up my labor. i have walked alot but is not helping me uhhhh im just so tired i cant eve sleep good i get mild cramps but that it.

datmami22

Asked by datmami22 at 10:38 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sex. Semen has the same type of properties they use in medication to induce pregnant women. I was told this by my nurse while I was on hospital bed rest as she was intently staring at my DH while telling us "NO SEX WHATSOEVER." lol
    But, walking helps too. And warm showers help relax the muscles as well.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 10:53 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• lots an lots of hard sex !! trust me works like a charm!
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 11:00 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Who is being lazy, your doctor?
    How does your doctor know that your pelvic area is too narrow?

(If you are 37 weeks then your baby & body could be ready anytime in the next 5 weeks or so.)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:23 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• and edd is just an estimate. ESTIMATED DUE DATE. :) as doulala says, it could be anywhere up to 5 weeks before the baby is ready to come out. view the fact that you are dilating and effacing already as some of the early work getting out of the way!
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 1:49 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Uhm there is nothing to speed up since you are not in labor yet. You are only 38 weeks, i don't understand the rush, the baby will come when it and your body are ready.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 9:38 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• im not in a rush i just want to know ways that can help me out so when i be in labor it can be easy for me to have the baby cuz my doc scared me when she said that my pelvic is 2 narrow that can make my labor be longer or if not i end up havin a c-section and im trying to avoid that
    datmami22

Answer by datmami22 at 1:58 PM on Sep. 26, 2009