Babies

Are they born innocnet or sinful? Why do babies get baptised?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe that babies are born pure. Each new baby is a new chance for peace, a new chance for hope and the betterment and progression of mankind. Unfortunately, babies can't choose who they're born to or what genetic cards they're dealt. It's all the luck of the draw in that department.

I don't buy the whole "babies are born into sin" thing for even one millisecond. Anyone who looks into the eyes of a newborn and thinks "SINNNNNN!" is doing it wrong.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:08 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I believe some have a genetic component that can make them prone to horrible behavior down the road.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:50 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• agreed! ^^
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:10 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Babies are born innocent and are not capable of sinning - they haven't reached the age of reason.

Are you referring to the concept of original sin? Original sin is the loss of grace and innocence that was ours before it was lost by Adam and Eve. Original sin has corrupted our nature so that we have a tendency to sin. Baptism washes away the stain of original sin and bestows grace.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I believe when u baptize a baby u are giing ur baby to God
    aidensmama8

Answer by aidensmama8 at 11:17 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• From my interpretation of it (not saying im right) we are all born into sin. Baptizing babies is a way of cleansing them and declaring them to God. We all live in sin but are supposed to ask for forgiveness. This being said.. I do not believe if a baby passes away and isnt baptized they would be punished.
    ashleyuc07

Answer by ashleyuc07 at 11:20 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• babies are born, those babies that are born into a Christian family will be Christain-ed. There is no way around it. Parents might say they want their child to pick for themselves but the child will be exposed to the religion. We baptise our children in as a way of thanking God for the wonder gift He bestowed upon us. We baptise our children as a symbolic way of telling God we know that humans sins and we will do what we can to keep our children in the graceful arms of God.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• babies are like a "blank page" on a brand new journal, what you start putting in it is what you end up with... Baptising a little baby is senseless!  (po)   baptism is a celebration ,a new beginning , starting a new way of life bcz you recognize  that  the way you lived was against God's will,and many more reasons... a baby is not capable of recognizing this,and  a baby is innocent from this, Jesus himself was an adult when he was baptised, when he was a child he was brought to the temple to be blessed! that's all a baby needs,parents that recognise that He/She needs Gods BLESSING! not GODS forgiveness,at least not yet!

annyPG

Answer by annyPG at 11:32 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• sin is an immoral act. babies can't commit any immoral acts!. i believe Jesus died for all our sins including Adams/Eve's sin. I don't baptize my kids but I do dedicate them to the Lord promising to raise them Christian. I believe only those who realize their wrong doings and are saved should get baptized.
    Lo,children are an heritage of the Lord,& the fruit of the womb is his reward. Psalms 127:3 there is a age of knowing right from wrong,but i think if they can lie, tell you what they did bad then the kid is at that age of reckoning. God is loving and merciful I believe babies go to heaven no matter what.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 11:48 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Original sin is that "in" Adam all have sinned and it parallels justification that "in" Christ all are righteous. In addition to the story of Adam and Eve there's Rom 5:12-19. Verse 12 says that "sin came into the world through one man and death through sin." Verses 15–19: "Many died through one man’s trespass. . . . For the judgment following one trespass brought condemnation. . . . Because of one man’s trespass, death reigned through that one man. . . . Then as one man’s trespass led to condemnation for all men. . . . By one man’s disobedience many were made sinners." Verse 16: "For the judgment following one trespass brought condemnation." Who did it bring condemnation for? Adam only? No—verse 18 says, "Then as one man’s trespass led to condemnation for all men"

Because of Adam’s sin, all men were made subject to sin and death. That is Scripture’s teaching on the doctrine of original sin.
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 11:54 PM on Sep. 24, 2009