home made "tie" blankets?

Sooo my aunt makes these blankets where you tie the two pieces of fabric together. Anyone know of these? I thought it would be cute to make my dd one.. but idk where to start. i dont talk to my aunt very often, but i know she used to make them.. so just looking for tips.. or maybe the name of the kind of blanket so i can google it? lol thanks

itsbree2you

Asked by itsbree2you at 11:09 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• We make these blankets and pillows as well in our after school program. Go to the fabric store and purchase fleece, you can use on solid color and a print, or two print. Cut the fabric into 2 equal pieces, whatever size you want your blanket. Evenly cut 2 1/2 to 3 inch strips all around the perimeter and begin tying them all the way around. I suggest double knots or square knotting which is right over left and under, left over right and under. These blankets are SO easy and really cute when done.
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 10:47 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Just go to a craft store and pick out two kinds of fabric. Put one on top of the other and cut equal strips all the way around. Then tie the strips together, I suggest double knotting. I made one once. It was fun to do. It was for my parents but now my younger sister now uses it as her "blankey".
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 11:13 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I made one once too. I have seen (like at fabric stores) really cute ways to tie the pieces together if you wanted to look up something fancy. But honestly they are pretty hard to mess up. I threw mine together in a matter of 15 minutes and it turned out really good.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 11:18 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• You want to use Fleece fabric. I would also sew the top of the blanket, so that the knots do not rub in your DD's face as she sleeps. Then you would knot the other three sides.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:12 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• they have pre-cut kits at some fabric stores where all you have to do is tie the pieces. at JoAnn fabric in my town, they are right by all the fleece fabric.
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 3:59 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• it also works with any knit fabric.

woven fabrics will fray though so don't use them
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Sep. 26, 2009