Obama admin cutting border patrol at U.S. Mexico border?

Yeah what a great damn idear! ...I guess Obozo will be needing more votes..

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 11:17 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:17 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• He's working with the UN to create the North American Union. Why bother with securing the border if we're about to be united with Mexico and Canada?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• OMG he is only taking 384 officers out of the 17,399 and moving them to the Canadian border, leaving 17015 at the Mex/Us borders and making the Canadian border go from 1798 agents to 2,212.

384, really? that is only a 2.2% decrease for the Mexican border and a 23% increase on the Canadian border. Read, people, read.
    viridian

Answer by viridian at 11:40 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Viridan--thank you for the math. You shut the OP up fast. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    PsWifey

Answer by PsWifey at 1:11 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• oh pswifey shut me up? LOL..I have been busy with other things dear..

I see it as a problem regardless of the number of patrols being pulled as we have a big problem right now with illegals..dealers etc crossing over from mexico..

shut me up! LOL
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:16 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Why would we need more patrols on the Canadian side than the Mexican side?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Canada is almost just as bad when it comes to drugs and guns, the reason for boarder control in the south is mostly because of immigration and that recent kidnappings, of adults, in Mexico, New Mexico and Arizona. Remember prohibition and Al Capone? The alcohol came from Canada not Mexico. And, a lot of marijuana comes from Canada, where it is legal for medical use. and in Ontario they do not enforce marijuana laws are not enforced.
    viridian

Answer by viridian at 1:37 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Viridian, but don't you think we should up patrol on the Mexico border than Canada? I mean, 57% of illegal immigrants were from Mexico and ONLY 6% were from Europe and Canada. Of course that was in 2005 because I can not find the percentage of Canadian illegals in the US today. So I think having more on the Mexico border would make more sense then on Canada. Plus if the Health care bill passes all illegals border hoppers from Canada will cease! lmao
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 2:33 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Let me repeat myself

"OMG he is only taking 384 officers out of the 17,399 and moving them to the Canadian border, leaving 17015 at the Mex/Us borders and making the Canadian border go from 1798 agents to 2,212.

384, really? that is only a 2.2% decrease for the Mexican border and a 23% increase on the Canadian border. Read, people, read."

viridian

Answer by viridian at 2:39 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Oh to address drugs Mexico remains the primary foreign source for commercial-grade marijuana in the United States; approximately 15,800 metric tons of marijuana were potentially produced in Mexico in 2007. Canada is a much lesser, albeit significant, source of marijuana--particularly high-grade marijuana--to U.S. drug markets. According to the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP), annual Canadian marijuana production is estimated at between 1,399 and 3,498 metric tons.
    http://www.usdoj.gov/ndic/pubs37/37035/foreign.htm
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 2:43 AM on Sep. 25, 2009