Postpartum question... not sure where to post but need HELP!

I had my second daughter 3 weeks ago, this past week i have felt really disconnected. I feel scared i dont love my girls enough or that i may love one more than the other or that i havent bonded enough with my new baby. I find myself comparing my first daughter to my second and being really hard on myself. Sometimes i wonder if i was even cut out for this motherhood thing. I look at my new baby and sometimes pick out flaws and wonder if she is cute. I know this sounds sad but i just dont know why i feel this way. i kinda just wish i was still pregnant, i love both my babies but im really struggling. is this normal? Please dont bash i have a hard time even admitting this!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sounds like post partum depression. I could be wrong but go see your doc. It could get bad if it is.
    Haven_Doug1013

Answer by Haven_Doug1013 at 11:33 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• It might be ppd. Don't be ashamed, it is very common and it's not your fault. You should talk to your doctor. It will only get worse if you don't get help. It's actually really good that you admitted it. The sooner you help yourself the sooner you can get back to being a wonderful mommy to your PERFECT babies! Good luck! :-)
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 11:33 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• DO NOT FEEL ASHAMED!!! I went thru the same thing when i had my son 6 months ago. go see your doc and get some help. this is completely normal so dont beat yourself up! you cant help feeling this way, our bodies go thru so much while we're pregnant and have so many hormones running thru it and then we have the baby and none of those hormones are there anymore. each person is different, my doc put me on meds (which i have recently stopped taking and feel like my old self again) as well as weekly therapy. but from what i understand thats the normal course of action for most women who present signs of post pardum depression. good luck and please get help you will feel so much better and can move on and bond with your new baby and show her the love you feel but the depression is masking. dont worry too much, with help, everything will be fine :)
    robbinsme

Answer by robbinsme at 11:53 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• def sounds like post pardum depression i would call ur doc right away and make an appt to come in and talk to them.
    monroemommyof2

Answer by monroemommyof2 at 3:05 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I'm so sorry you're going through this. HUGE HUGS!
    You need to see your doctor. It sounds like PPD and it might not go away on it's own. Please do not feel ashamed, it happens to many women. As for not bonding right away, even without PPD some women take a little while to bond with their babies. It will happen. My second child screamed her first two nights and I remember looking at her thinking 'What did I do to my family?' I felt so much guilt over that, but it got better (and I didn't have PPD with her).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:47 AM on Sep. 25, 2009