crazy monkey boy!!

My son will not stop climbing on our countertops and going into our fridge. We go to the park almost every day, but it doesnt curb his need to climb anything and everything. Whenever we tell him to get down, we remove him and put him into his crib (which he immediately climbs out of).
Any suggestions of repramanding/stopping this dangerous behaviour is appreciated. Thank you!

bloomsr

Asked by bloomsr at 11:44 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'm of no help. All I can say to your question is "I wish". We are nearly in the same boat as you. He can't quite reach the counters yet but practically everything else.
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 1:17 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• can you spray him with a water bottle like a cat? haha.. just kidding... what about putting him in timeouts for it? I don't know, i found my son on our ktichen table one when I went to pee really quick but that's the only and last time he did it and I happened to just laugh and take him down. I am lucky he's not a climber!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:00 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I have similar problems with my 11 month old. She climbs over the safety gates and can climb and stand on the headrest part of our recliner couches. She can climb to the top of the crib, so I had to put her mattress on the floor temporarily until we get a toddler bed. I am not looking forward to whatever happens next.
    YoungTwinMommy

Answer by YoungTwinMommy at 12:44 PM on Sep. 25, 2009