Budget!

I have never in my life been good with handling money. Our family of 3 is really struggling right now. My fiance makes about 320 a week. I am disabled and still waiting on my SS checks to come through. What are some ideas to help us save money? How can we live on 320 a week?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:50 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Money & Work

• Shop at Aldi or discount stores, cut out all junk foods and soda's cut the cable down to the minimum, and how much is the internet costing you a month? Eat cheaper types of meat, get rid of expensive pets, shut off the lights in the house, if you have cell phone and a house line? get rid of one of those. Before buying anything ask yourself if you REALLY need it, or just want it. Dont buy anything that is not absolutely necessary.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:23 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Find a cheap place to rent
    Cancel anything you can live without
    DON'T eat out. That's a huge money waster.
    Try to combine trips, walk, ride bikes, etc. to save money on fuel.
    Budget a little money for bulk items-- so when cheap foods like spaghetti, flour, rice, etc go on sale, you can stock up.
    Use the library for entertainment: Read books, borrow DVDs and just get out of the house.

GOOD LUCK!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I agree with the pp's...all great ideas. I personally do over 95% of my household shopping online, really makes me consider each purchase carefully. I also save tons on fuel costs because I am not running around town to different stores to get what I want. I found a few websites that offer pretty strong deals and promos...like searchalldeals.com, and bradsdeals.com. I am sure there are a million more but those are the two I use most often. I also use an internet shopping portal, through Aisle19.com that gives me between 1-20% cash rebates on my spending. (this is through EscapeInternational.com, a site I am affiliated with as an IBO, to be fair, the first two I am not) It really taught me to curb my spending, and get excited about planning my shopping better. I also really enjoy seeing how much I saved at the top of my screen each time I log in...keeps me focused on saving. If you have an interest..PM me for more info
    Cheapsk8mom

Answer by Cheapsk8mom at 5:03 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Here are my best tips for saving at the grocery store: http://www.ehow.com/how_5223945_save-even-money-grocery-store.html

Can you find another family to share a house with you?

Answer by rkoloms at 6:21 AM on Sep. 25, 2009