Severe hip pain sign of labor?

I am 38 weeks pregnant and this morning I woke up with my 3 year old at around 8:30 or 9 o clock. I was fine, but I went to straighten my hair and by the time I was done, my hips started to ache so badly that I couldn't get up off of the couch once I sat down. I had a few irregularly timed contractions from 11-4 pm.

I've had diarreah for about a week, an upset stomach, and now this pain that makes my legs shake when I walk. Sometimes it goes down in to the joints in my legs. This is my second child, but it's been 3 years since I delivered my daughter and they pretty much had to induce me because of my high blood pressure, so it's hard to recall how things started.

I was dialated to 2cm two weeks ago, but I'm not sure how much further I'm dialated because the doctor didn't check me for week 37 and I had an appt. on wednesday but the drs. office called and reschueduled it for this coming wednesday =[

zeroblivion

Asked by zeroblivion at 12:06 AM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i had those same symptoms and still do and my doctor went to feel on my tummy today and said that baby is VEERRRYY low and that was probably why i was going through what I was going through...she says if baby isnt out by next week she'll be suprised! so maybe thats happening to you too baby dropped some more??? i would call and let them know whats going on and stuff GL!
    armymum1013

Answer by armymum1013 at 12:40 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Being pregnant may make you to feel tired and uncomfortable. Many factors contribute to hip pain during pregnancy. The primary reason is relaxin. This prepares you body for labor and delivery. It is a hormone that helps give the ligaments in the pelvic area the flexibility they will need for the birth process. Immediately go to your doctor if you suspect labor. Click here for more information on hip-related problems.

CatRus09

Answer by CatRus09 at 3:21 PM on Apr. 20, 2012