What's type birth control do ya'll think is good?

I want to know what birth contrals yall think are best and a little bit about them im on the pill but i want opions on other kinds. Theres a good chance that it will take me sevral to find one that works with my body. Not very many agreed with my mom.

K3lly94

Asked by K3lly94 at 12:09 AM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Health

• IUC mirena !!! best ever my insurance covered it 100% not co-pay, no pills. I had cramps for a few days after and spotting for about two weeks and its almost painless to install. Not only is it good for 5 years, i don't get my period anymore just occasional spotting for no more than 2or 3 days. Best BC ever. I recommend it to anyone.
    viridian

Answer by viridian at 12:17 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I hate b/c. The hormones make me feel like shi!t. Abstinence, or pull out, or condoms, or a vasectomy are the best imo.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 12:12 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Viridian: I AGREE 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love Mirena, it's awesome! It was really easy for the dr. to put in, and I love the idea of not having a period, and not having to remember to take a pill every day. :-D

And Prettyrayray: There's just as much a chance of getting pregnant with the pull-out "method" as there is if he doesn't pull out at all. Just thought you should know.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 12:28 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• the kind that works is the best kind!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I just found out I am pregnant with Mirena possibly miscarrying right now. Find out tomorrow if my HCG levels go up. DO NOT GET MIRENA! I will never suggest it to anyone! I was put on antibiotics on Aug 19 I conceived this baby Aug 26 the day I stopped the antibiotics. The doctor made it very clear it would not compromise the Mirena and well now I am sitting in limbo possibly losing a baby.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 1:50 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Condoms! Oh...wait...I have a kid from that (didn't break and was used correctly)

NFP!! Oh...wait...I have a kid from that, too. (apparently ovulated on day 8 of cycle with no temp spike...or hubby has super sperm)

I have to go with vasectomy or abstinence.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:44 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• What about a diaphragm? They work without hormones and have no side effects. They never caused a stroke, infertility or PID; you won't gain weight, get depressed, or lose your libido; your periods won't be affected. They have never been the subject of class action lawsuits and are instantly reversible.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:35 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• The ones that have worked for me were the pill, abstinance and now a tubal. Husband and I also used condoms- but neither one of us really cared much for them, and we did the 'calendar counting' method which is not very reliable- and got a 'surprise'.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:39 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Paragaurd, the copper IUD. No hormones! Good for 10 years and completely reversible. Some side effects are heavier periods and gaining a little "stress weight" around your lower middle. Look that one up because it's hard to explain but not bad. They say you can get worse cramps but that hasn't happened to me at all, in fact I'd say I get LESS cramps now than I did before *shrug*

Plus it's supposedly more effective than a tubal! Love it!
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 8:46 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I have depression issues and any hormonal method makes it worse. DH seems to have super swimmers, I swear I can't wash our undies together! We are both getting the big cut done. We'd be happy to take any child that came our way it is best if we don't have anymore.
    littleredpony

Answer by littleredpony at 9:32 AM on Sep. 25, 2009