how do you know if youve had a miscarriage if you didnt know you were pregnant?

my period came a week and a half early.... it started with clots and the heavy bleeding and sever cramps which is totaly out of the norm for me... my periods are usally very light with little or no cramps and only last a few days

bugzmom09

Asked by bugzmom09 at 12:21 AM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It doesn't sounds like you were pregnant personally, because when you you conceive (the sperm implants the egg), it take 2 weeks for the baby to conceive after the sperm implants the egg, which should be on the first day of your period...Then you will quit having periods...If your period came earlier than normal, I don't see how it could have been a miscarriage because that would be too early to even have a miscarriage, because the baby isn't even there yet, only the egg is fertilized.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Sometimes you still have higher hormone levels, you could take a preg test and see if it comes up pos. Otherwise, I know it sounds gross, but look for the baby. You would have had to have gotten pregnant the cycle before and mistakenly believed your implantation bleeding was your previous period. Then you would be 6 to 7 weeks. The baby would very small, but visible. If you know for sure your last period was a real period, then it's pretty much impossible.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 1:25 AM on Sep. 25, 2009