How to keep my husband from using his credit cards!?

My husband works full-time and I am lucky enough to be a SAHM. I am responsible for all of our finances. My husband, by choice, knows little more than the amount he makes. I keep him updated as to where all the money is going, but he pays so little attention since he knows I take care of it all anyway. We are financially stable, but I would like to be more of a saver for if, and when, hard times hit, whereas my husband is enjoying his extra income and using credit cards to eliminate any savings I put up. It's on simple, silly things like fast food and renting movies. Nothing big or serious, but it adds up. I'd say at least $50 a week. Most of the time we have the money in the bank to simply use our debit anyway, but he'd rather use a credit card so as not to hear my "lecturing" on how we need to be more frugal. How do I make him see his credit cards as an invisible emergency fund rather than a back-up splurge fund?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun