Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What if neither one of us can afford to file for divorce?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (5)
  • then just seperate until you two are able to get one. just because you cant afford it doesnt mean you have to put up with the guy. just move on as if you did...UNTIL you do! lol

    Answer by Kayge at 12:52 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

  • It is not hard to do ask family to help themn pay them back in payments and be done if you both agree and there s no fighting over any thing then it wont be that much, Go on line and get court paper and do it your self, The paper work from on line will walk you through it. Good luck.

    Answer by paurad at 1:08 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

  • I actually sepereated from my ex husband for 5 YEARS before being able to afford divorce.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:21 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

  • If you can agree to the terms of the divorce and it is simple you can use forms and write the divorce yourself. All it costs then is the court fee. My first husband and I got divorced for under $200.

    Answer by Gailll at 3:26 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

  • I agree with Gaill you can do the papers yourself and the costs are very low. As long as you both agree on the terms.

    Answer by dillonsma at 11:06 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.