Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Custody !!!!

My question is this; We married in Tampa, Fl, but divorced in Alabama. So in filing for a change of Venue from one state to another, do I have to file where we divorced from or from where we now live ? Also what are my chances on getting sol custody when the father is feeding our 15 yr old son "Crown Royal, Beer AND Moon Shine too !" The father also allowed our 12 yr old daughter to drink "Mikes Lemonade !" ? I also have a witness who went with me to pick up our children at our meeting place, and he had a glass long neck beer bottle sitting in the cup holder with 3 laying on the floor of the drivers side, and the kids said he was drinking and driving ! Did I mention that "NEITHER" of us are allowed to have alcohol in our home, around the children nor consume it in front of them, due to his doing this very thing before our divorce, yet he continues to wipe his butt with the court order ! Had enough !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Answer Question

Asked by SASSIE224 at 12:38 AM on Sep. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • Best advice is to talk to a lawyer where you live and see what they say. Considering so many states laws differ in so many ways.

    Answer by Petie at 12:52 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

  • GET PROOF! Take pictures with dates on them. Find a witness to thing's he does.. and take him for what he's got! Don't let your children be around someone who would try to ruin their lives with drinking!

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:20 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

  • You have to report every incidence. Giving alcohol to children is a crime and would be considered abuse or neglect.

    Answer by Gailll at 3:22 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

  • GET AN ATTORNEY!!! Do it before he does. Get letters from people who have witnessed his neglect.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:19 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

  • What does your lawyer say?

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:33 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

  • I talked with a attorney today ;) That as long as the children are willing to testify agaisnt him in front of a judge, that he will believe the chilren ! Well they are willing, and have already once before. Just didnt know that if this is the case in every state, but it is thank GOD !

    Answer by SASSIE224 at 9:01 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.