can you still have kids after an ectopic pregnancy

I had an ectopic pregnancy and i had to have surgrey and everything yesterday I still have one tube left that works they had to take my right one. I wanted to know if I could still get pregnant even tho I only have one tube left???

Thanks

angel09596

Asked by angel09596 at 1:10 AM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Relax of coarse you can. You were pregnant and I am sorry your pregnancy was in the tube. That was life threatening to you and the baby was not viable. Your tube had to be removed to save your life. You ovalate and you will ovalate and the egg will go down the other tube. You can get pregnant and have other babies. I am sorry for what happened to you, it was devestating I am sure. On top of all your loss, relax, and please don't worry. When you are ready to have a baby you will have one.
    SEEKEROFSHELLS

Answer by SEEKEROFSHELLS at 1:27 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I had an ectopic pregnancy and lost one of my tubes. The doctor actually told me I would probably never have another baby. I had two more sons for a total of three! I was so surprised when I got pregnant with number two that I didn't believe the doctor.

So yes, you can get pregnant after an ectopic pregnancy.

I'm so sorry, I know exactly what you're going through right now. Take care of yourself, let your body and your heart heal. Big hugs from me.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:35 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Yep, yep you can.. I have had many, many clients who have gone on to have children. I'm sorry you had to go through this. Hugs.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 1:56 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I had an ectopic pregnancy and 4 miscarriages between my two children. Granted, I didn't lose a tube, I was very early on. I was still able to conceive and carry full term and that was after I was told my endometriosis would keeps me from having more children.

It is a really hard thing to bounce back from, and I am so sorry that you are going through this. But know, that this doesn't have to mean no more babies.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 2:21 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• my friend had an ectopic, now she has twins!
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 11:44 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I had an ectopic in July 08, no surgery it was caught early enough where I recieved a shot and was monitored. Still pretty painful. I am now 29 weeks preggo with a healthy baby! I know I didn't lose a tube, but you still have one that works and that's all you need!
    <>
    bethany_smith

Answer by bethany_smith at 6:30 PM on Sep. 25, 2009