Is it common for a baby to drop at 34 weeks?

This is my first pregnancy and it's been full of it's ups and downs. I have no official complications. I have a small build and I have gained a total of 11 lbs throughout my pregnancy. My doctor seems a little suprised but not overly concerned at this point. I'm not either except I don't know what normal is and so it's leaving an information gap.

Marri357

Asked by Marri357 at 1:49 AM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i dropped at 32 weeks then lost my mucus plug at 36 and was dialated to 5 at 38 and absolutely no sign of labor i had to be induced b/c my cervix was so open.
    monroemommyof2

Answer by monroemommyof2 at 2:10 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• my son dropped at 34 weeks, my plug came out at 35 weeks, and my water broke at 36 weeks.
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 2:58 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• my daughter just dropped last week & i'm 32w!! getting close(ish) to baby time- congrats!!
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 9:29 AM on Sep. 25, 2009