Ok stupid question, but what is the easiest way to get acrylic nails off on your own...I broke two and I dont want to pay to get them off this time. Call me cheap LOL

iammoi

Asked by iammoi at 10:30 PM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• I have heard, I have not tried, that acetone finger nail polish will desolve the glue that holds them to your nails. I would call a beauty supply shop, like sally's and ask if they have an inexpensive product for that purpose. good luck!
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 10:34 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• you have to buy the acrylic nails remover they have that at all store
    they sell right next to nail removers.
    mommytobe24

Answer by mommytobe24 at 10:51 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Let them soak in water for a min. Then take a business card or a deck of playing cards. Slide the card between the acrylic and your nail. Thats close to what they would do in a salon. Make sure you dont force it, you will hurt yourself and bleed.
    Adsherf

Answer by Adsherf at 11:01 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Soak the nail in nail polish remover for up to 1 minute. Then use something thin like an index card and slowly slide it between the acrylic nail and your real nail. If the nail won't budge, soak it again, then try the card again.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 11:37 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I am a licensed cosmetologist. Whenever we want to take acrylic nails off, we use acetone fingernail polish remover. What seems to work is stick a cotton ball in the remover, stick it on your nails, & wrap small pieces of foil around it. It takes a little bit, so you have to have some patience. I think Wal-Mart has acetone remover. Or maybe a Sally's store. It is open to the public. I hope that helps.
    Anonymous

• call me sadistic, but I soak them and pop them off with a nail file. then smooth them out with a nail file.
    unga

Answer by unga at 1:04 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• We own a beauty college, and all these ladies have the right idea. Soak your nails in acetone and they should peel right off. It will softent he acrylic so be careful not to tear them when you take them off. If you have left over glue or acrylic left on your nails, DONT file or pick at them, it will damage your nails even further. Just continue to soak them, or soak a cotton ball and let it set on your nail. BE sure to wash your hands with warm soap and water to get the acetone off.
    mcqlove87

Answer by mcqlove87 at 8:13 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• It has happened to me. Get a glass bowl, fill it half way up with nail polish remover (acetone) then apply vasiline on your fingers and not your nails. Dip your hand in the acetone for about 3 to 5 min at a time, The acetone will melt the acrylic and not harm your nails.
    OrganicMOM525

Answer by OrganicMOM525 at 11:46 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I just chew them off..LOL (painful at times)
    busybee1711

Answer by busybee1711 at 5:36 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• Soak them in straight acetone and they will slide right off.
    Sexymom75

Answer by Sexymom75 at 1:05 AM on Jun. 30, 2008