Do you think it's okay for overweight woman to become pregnant?

What's your veiw's?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:59 AM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• whoa whoa whoa.. calm down ppl.. i was asking that question because im over weight and my sister in law and some of my in law's are saying i need too loose weight.. i wasnt trying to be mean about fat ppl.. because im over 100 lbs over weight.. it was just a question.. to make ME feel better about ttc.. geeze. take a deep breath gals
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 PM on Sep. 28, 2009

• Why not?
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:02 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• im gonna say yes, because i was overweight when i got pregnant..sooo what??, fat ppl arent allowed to have kids??? besides that, most of the kids that are cute came from fat parents...so yaaaaaaa
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:03 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I guess so. I mean you know its not my business. although from watching programs on cable I learned its not only harder to get pregnant when you're overweight its also harder on your body over all to be pregnant when you are overweight. you'd think someone would want it to be as easy as they could so they would at least try to lose some weight first.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Of course it is. It is just very important for them to be diligent in taking care of themselves. Being pregnant isn't an excuse to binge on things that you shouldn't. I am overweight, and take extreme care when I am pregnant. More than when I am not actually. I eat plenty of food, I just make sure it is what is best for the baby. I even lost 60lbs with my oldest girl 15 yrs ago. I was eating like a pig, I was just very careful and was behaving like I had diet controlled diabetes. I never got diabetes and like I said, I was eating tons of food. I suggest exercising, just get approval of activites from the doc and discuss a healthly diet that will benefit the baby and mother both. With my youngest I lost 20lbs, and was on a 1800 cal a day diet. Dr. approved. :) The biggest concern is the health of both, as long as the mother is responsible and discusses it with the Dr, there is no reason why it isn't ok.
    BunniBunni

Answer by BunniBunni at 2:07 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• well yeah i am overweight and just had my daughter fat ppl r allowed to be parents too.
    monroemommyof2

Answer by monroemommyof2 at 2:22 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• ANON not true, I was overweight and it took 1 time everytime

In all honesty it's no one elses business if a overweight or underweight person gets pregnant.
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 2:22 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• IMO, most women are overweight, as are most mothers, so I don't see why this would be an issue. a person can be fat and fine, and a person can be fat and not fine, just as a person can be thin and fine or thin and not fine.
    Imamom4sure

Answer by Imamom4sure at 2:49 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I personally think that this question should be more directed @ people who are underweight, you don't see babies from overweight mothers being born being underweight... underweight women have issues gaining weight so they starve them selfs during pregnancy, heavier women even if they aren't eatting still have enough in there body that there unborn child isn't going with out,...
    MrsCarlton

Answer by MrsCarlton at 2:54 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Yeah it's okay if overweight women have children. My view is this tho. An anorexic can have a child, an alcoholic can have a child, a drug addict can have a child, a woman on PA can have a child, A woman without legs can have a child, a women that is purple polka dotted can have a child. Why because it is natural for women to have children regardless of who, what, when and where. 

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 3:48 AM on Sep. 25, 2009