possible pregnancy after brith

i know after pregnacy u r extremely fertile, we have been using the pull out method started having sex 2 weeks PP. i have yet to get my period and am 7 weeks PP now, when would it be possible to test has anyone had a pregnacy so close to their last delivery? my doc is waiting to put my iud in until i have my 1st period my man keeps asking if i am prego and i keep telling him no but idk i feel like i did when i found out i was prego with my daughter. just a little nervous prob should have listened to the doc. it could be all in my head too but i also do not feel a period comming on. normally heavy cramping at least 3 days before and spoting but no sign yet and with my son i got my post delivery period a week before my 6 week PP checkup

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:08 AM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I forgot to add I go one period after the birth of my first and then didnt get anymore afterwards. I called the DR and asked what could be wrong and they told me to come in for a PG test. I was no are you crazy. But guess what I was pg. But see my dr neglected to tell me you are VERRRRY fertile after delivery. I know that now :-)
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 3:53 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• pull out method is prob not the greatest idea if your not trying to get pregnant....don't put in iud in until you know for sure
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 2:13 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• You are not extremely fertile right having a baby. If you are breastfeeding it may be months before fertility returns.

You are usually instructed not to have sex until after your postpartum visit at 4-6 weeks. This gives you time to stop bleeding, any stiches or tears to heal, and your uterus to return to a more normal size.

You probably aren't pregnant but if you should use a reliable form of birth control, condoms & foam. It is not good for your body to get pregnant so soon and it is not good for the fetus. The World Health Organization recommends waiting 3 years before trying to conceive.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:17 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I am currently pregnant with number 3 because pullout method failed, my 2nd child was just born last new years eve. Wait a couple more days take a HPT or call your dr and ask for a blood test GL
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 2:18 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• i am bottle feeding
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Not a very smart move
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:26 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I'd call you doctor and have them do a blood test to make sure your HCG levels are going down and a pregnancy test.
    MrsCarlton

Answer by MrsCarlton at 2:40 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Answered at 2:26 AM on Sep. 25, 2009 by: Anonymous
    Not a very smart move

wow u r a genius did u think of this answer all by urself? i oculd have figured this out on my own i am looking for advice not bashing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:18 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Two weeks after the baby you are having sex? for me that would of been OUCH!
    SEEKEROFSHELLS

Answer by SEEKEROFSHELLS at 3:20 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• my delivery was pretty uncomplicated no stiches or tearing and i stopped bleeding after a few days. i would not have done it if it hurt plus it had been about 3 mts since we had done the deed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:24 AM on Sep. 25, 2009