how can i resolve this issue?

my daughter is 2 adn her father has a GF ans a 10 wk old with her... For whatever reason since the baby was born the GF has been picking fights with me about how i supposedly "beat" and "hit" my child. She even went as far as to cover the new baby up with a blanket when i drop my daughter off on the weekends.

She has even gone as far as to post this on my facebook, which envolved a HUGE fight with all my friends versus her, and has posted stuff on my cafemom as well, where i have refused to add her as a friend, and have even gone as far as to privatize most of my pages...

This being said, i want to make things right since she has a huge part in raising my daughter... but she wont give me the time of day to do such...

what should i do?

*if anyone is interested, check out my journal "harmony marion laufenberg"

bananaapplepie

Asked by bananaapplepie at 2:21 AM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• how ridiculous and childish....tell her to get over herself!
    Malorhee

Answer by Malorhee at 2:23 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• It sounds like the two of you should just stay away from each other for now. You don't have to have contact with her. If your child has court ordered visitation with the father then contact should be between you and him. You could ask that she not be around at drop off and pick up times.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:24 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• he refuses to pick her up from my house and he wont even text me back about our daughter... she always seems to have something to say about any situation we are in also

GRRRRRRRR is my major feelings towards her lol

also i think everyone has noticed that i didnt "annonmyze" this and that is because i want her to see this and realize i am trying to make an effort
    bananaapplepie

Answer by bananaapplepie at 2:30 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Back off. If you really want a chance to make things right with her, start by backing off. She is in a really hormonal place right now, and if this is her first baby...she is probably feeling insecure and unsure of herself on top of it all. It has to be hard for her to see things clearly at the moment. I would give her a chance to get her bearings with her new little one, and make as few waves as possible while she is doing it. There is no sense in engaging in Facebook or Cafe fighting...it will not resolve issues in real life. I would wait a little while, then send her a card, or letter letting her know how you feel. Let her know that you respect the fact that she is his girl now, and that she is going to have a huge amount of influence with your Daughter. Ask her to forgive any past issue, as you will forgive her so the three of you can move forward as the responsable adults in your little girls life. Be Gracious,
    Cheapsk8mom

Answer by Cheapsk8mom at 4:29 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• In my state Michigan my ex-husband has to pick up the kids where I say, not where he chooses. Maybe look into that. Otherwise ignore her. It sounds as if she may be insecure about her parenting skills. I don't believe hormones give her an excuse to behave in such a horrible way. You don't owe her anything. He is her father, but his gf is nobody. Concentrate on making the father-mother relationship friendly for the sake of your daughter and once again ignore her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:07 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I have my ex-husband's wife (he married his mistress) as a friend on Facebook. She added me and I didn't want to seem catty so I accepted. *sigh* I really wish I wouldn't have. She and I get a long well enough, but occasionally she'll do something stupid like post that I didn't send enough clothes for the weekend or something (which has NEVER happened they just can't read sizes). It's always said in a super friendly way, but meant differently of course. I just as sweetly replied that I double checked and that she was mistaken. We never argue on there though. I would refuse to anyway. I'm too old for silly petty arguments. Her opinion doesn't matter and why will she have much say in how you and your ex raise your daughter? My ex-husband's wife has NO say. Ignore her and her silly pettiness. My ex-husband once told me his wife is threatened by me still (like I would EVER take him back lol), so maybe that's part of it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:18 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• why doesn't your husband pck her up and drop her off.( your daughter I mean) its his responsibility not his new wifes. you should be discussing things about your and his daughter with him. not his new wife. and about her posting up lies on facebook . Just tell her to grow up and stop telling lies. on the computer. or you'll start posting up lies about her too.lol.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 10:00 AM on Sep. 25, 2009