Evening Primrose Oil ??? Is it Safe with a previous C-section?

ok i'm 39weeks and 1 day I'm a little scared my body once progress on its own and I'm looking for safe methods to help it out so I can do a Vaginal.... please help any advice awesome !!!

MrsCarlton

Asked by MrsCarlton at 2:42 AM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my sister did it, and then went on to have a vbac
    Imamom4sure

Answer by Imamom4sure at 2:45 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• There is nothing you can do that has been scientifically proven to bring on labor. I wouldn't risk trying any of the do-it-yourself things that are supposed to hasten things along.

Why be afraid. Your body knows when the right time for the baby to come. You haven't even made it to 40 weeks! I went 43 weeks with one of my pregnancies "back in the old days" when they weren't so quick to induce.

I encourage you to hire a doula. You will greatly decrease your chance of having another C-section.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:50 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• It is not reccomended to do ANYTHING that could augment labor following a section. It increases your risk of rupture. Amomg a myriad of things. Your not even close to being "overdue".. Your body will do everything it needs on its own time. Dont let OBs try to tell you otherwise. They just want to keep to their schedual.
    Goldie_And_Luke

Answer by Goldie_And_Luke at 10:58 AM on Sep. 25, 2009