bottle to sippy cup?

around what age did you try to introduce the sippy cup?

MaciesMommy09

Asked by MaciesMommy09 at 4:18 AM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i started around 61/2 7 months. He's now on a sippy cup, and learning to use a big boy cup without a lid, he is almost 13 months now
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 5:01 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• We switched at 6 months.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:21 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I started at 6 months also, while he was in his high chair at the dinner table. It seemed to help him participate more...when it was just the two of us...he just wanted to play with it. At the table during family dinner...he made more effort to use it right, I think he was really just copying the rest of us.
    Cheapsk8mom

Answer by Cheapsk8mom at 6:00 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• it was more a nchew toy at first but i let hern play with it with just water in it around 5 months at 8 months shes on both sippy and bottle still
    JocelynsMama1

Answer by JocelynsMama1 at 6:48 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• As soon as my kids could sit unassisted the bottles taken away and they are given a sippy cup.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 6:53 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• We started using the sippy cup around 5 months. She started holding her own bottle at 3 months so we tried the sippy cup. It works really well. At 6 months, she gets a little bit of water out of a regular cup. She will not hold that but will drink out of it. Really look at the spouts of sippy cups and try to find one you think your little one will be able to use. Good luck.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 7:45 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I started introducing it around 5 months. I was bfeeding until recently, so he only got water in his sippy at lunch and supper. He just self weaned so he's getting sippy only during the day, bottle for his snack before bed.

Answer by missanc at 8:49 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I started at 6 months too. She got the hang of the ones that pour out by themselves, I haven't bought her the ones with the straws yet. She's 10 months right now.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 9:27 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I think it depends on the kid. Some kids need more time with the "sucking" action than others do. I would say anywhere from 6-12 months is about norm. But they should be off of the sippy cups before they turn 3...it can ruin their teeth (the spout kind).
    Gaskinwife

Answer by Gaskinwife at 10:38 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• i love the sippes they did not have when mine kids was young cause by the time they was 1yrs old the bottles was gone
    sunflowergranny

Answer by sunflowergranny at 8:22 PM on Sep. 27, 2009