Why am I accused of being a Jew hater simply because I don't agree with the Zionists?

I have been accused time and again on this site of hating Jewish people because I don't support Israel. You know, there is a difference between being a Jew and being a Zionist. Do you even know what a Zionist is? Are you aware that not all Jews are Zionists and not all Zionists are Jews? Do you accuse me wrongly of racism because your ignorance of the difference blinds you?

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 7:50 AM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have very good friends that are conservative Jewish and their synagogue has some who agree and some who disagree. I think both sides need to stop the violence and get back to the negotiation table big time.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:28 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:56 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I actually have had to report people here at CM for slandering me, it's gotten so bad. I am many things, but a flaming anti-Semite, I'm definitely NOT.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:06 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Thank you realPatientMama, I actually feel a lot better now after reading your last comment.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:07 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I so agree with you! In fact, I have in-laws who support everything the Zionists are doing and they made a trip to Israel this past year and I had to sit and listen to their crap about how horrible the Palestinians were and how they were terrorists and blah blah blah. I had to get up and leave because I was going to explode on them. I actually feel sorry for them because instead of doing research for themselves, looking over the documentation on both sides and making up their own minds, they are simply being sheeple; believing everything the US media tosses out there, believing everything they are told in church about it and they see nothing wrong with the Zionists killing innocent children because God's chosen can do whatever they want.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:33 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• This works the exact opposite as well. (especially after the nursing home was hit by hamaas rockets in N Israel) I never said one thing bad about Muslims. I just showed my support for Israel yet I was called a Muslim hater and a Zionist just because I refused to put down Israel.

There is one group on CM I refuse to go on anymore. It is filled with woman who simply hate anyone who might take a little sympathetic look at the Jewish people. AT one time I tried to explain the difference between the taliban and AL -qaeda and how enjoy the protection of the other. I was told I think anyone with dark skin and a big nose is a terrorist. I am still wondering how that conclusion came about.

I actually know a young man in Israel, he lives right outside Telavi. He can give an entire different outlook on how you see things.

Those who support Israel are told they hate muslims on CM by those who support don't support Israel.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• realPatientMama, do you think you are helping any cause here? Or are you giving reasons why we should be upset with Israel?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Sadly I have seen those Christians touring through Israel. With their little Blue and White "I support Israel" vests. And you have a problem with this why? Israelis take them on a large bus, go through the West Bank checkpoint bus thenright to the Nativity Church, march them straight in and straight back out to the bus. AND? They are instructed NOT to buy anything from the Christians there....and tell them anything they want to buy they can buy in Israel. Yes, when we went on a tour in Mexico this was the same thing. There are contracts with vendors.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• These poor Christians do not charge a fee to go into the church so they really rely on money from the tourists.They can charge to see the church if they are that in need of funds. choices choices choices. I really have a hard time believing a bus full of peole NOT buying something is "literally killing them?  The Israelis are killing them....literally killing them. Because they won't buy a two dollar trinket?

Please, tell me. How on earth do you think this statement will bring together anyone? How on earth do you think this remark will do anything but starta feud between those who support one side over the other? YOUR statement shows so not support for your cause but bitter words towards a group.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Anon, she is saying they let you only see what they WANT you to see in order to keep up the delusion that they are not killing Palestinians or bulldozing their homes to the ground in order to build settlements for THEMSELVES. They want to appear in the right and so they refuse you entrance into the areas that might show them in a bad light.

Heck, even when I worked at the Pentagon, they only took you to the nice places on the tours and never showed you the rats, roaches, broken handrails paint peeling or the on going Asbestos removal because the Pentagon is glomorized in the US citizen's mind and it's not effective to show it looking like shite. Same here with Israel- show you the good things keep the bad things in the dark, that way, you keep on believing the lies.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:08 AM on Sep. 25, 2009