Terrorist attack thwarted in Texas?

I was wondering if anyone can find any info on this other then a blog?

anyway link below

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 8:25 AM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• They've thwarted several terrorist attacks. They arrested a guy and his father who had direct ties to Al-Queda here in Denver that had purchased quite a bit of bomb making materials and numerous backpacks. They were tied to 2 or 3 more in NYC. The guy here in Denver had been to an Al-Queda bomb making camp in Pakistan. There was another Islamic arrested in IL who was planning on blowing up a Federal Bldg in Springfield. The guy in TX, another Islamic, tried to park a car bomb.

Last year I pointed out that the threat of terror wasn't anywhere near being over.  I mentioned that there were numerous "sleeper" cells among us.  I was told I was "crazy" "fear mongering" blah blah blah, hmmmm, what say my critics now?

MemawBrie

Answer by MemawBrie at 10:24 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:25 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• aha here

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/092409dnmetbombarrest.1b177db8b.html

um yeah trying to tell a sicko terrorist that violence is not the answer will just magicaly work ..obviously

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:28 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• suspects words:

"We shall attack them in their very own homes. Brother, by God, we shall attack them in a manner that hurts, an attack that shakes the world. Oh Brother, let the backsliders know that the time for their destruction has come."

cont
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:30 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• "I want to destroy ... targets ... everything that helps America on its war on Arabs will be targeted."

"By God who created me, there will not be a retreat at all, even if they take me to Guantánamo for the rest of my life. I will never forget Iraq, Palestine, Afghanistan, or any land where the call of, 'There is no God but God, Muhammad is God's Messenger' is raised."

...
    tnmomofive

• "It will shake the currently weak economy in the state and the American nation because this bank is one of the largest banks in this city."

"Millions of people would incur losses: unemployment, poverty, hunger, and a strike to the head of the government. Don't forget the psychological impacts for the loss of this beautiful building. ... Of course, our joy will be in the success of this operation."
    tnmomofive

• PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 8:35 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• and Dallas Morning News.....

http://www.dallasnews.com/

Okay, I found a couple of sources.   I know some of the local FBI, I have to say they know what they're doing. Thank goodness for them.

PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 8:38 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• "Hosam Maher Husein Smadi was arrested Thursday after he parked a vehicle laden with government-supplied fake explosives in the underground parking garage of Fountain Place, a 60-story tower in the 1400 block of Ross Avenue at North Field Street, authorities said."

Just how did he plan on blowing up the building with fake explosives?

realPatientMama

Answer by realPatientMama at 8:46 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Thanks pace..

Yeah chit bag ..we should just be able to off these pos sorry excuses for people when caught.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:52 AM on Sep. 25, 2009