Do you use anything else besides your hand to flush a public toilet?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:26 AM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• foot or paper then toss the paper into the potty as it flushes. I hover unless it's "serious", then I use A LOT of those paper thingies; you'd think I was trying to cover a continent b/c I leave them doubled over & place 4 on the seat, then 2 more hanging low off the front so my pants don't touch the front of the toilet. My girls are too young to hover yet, but I paper the toilet for them. My oldest has gotten to where she wants to do it all herself (which is fine w/ me; she's 6), but knows b4 her tushie hits that seat, I'm inspecting the "paper job". She also knows how to make sure her undies are tucked into her pants; I'd rather the back of her pants touched the public toilet, than her panties! Again, I drape the front of the toilet as well, but sometimes when they're wiggling around up there the paper gets bunchy or falls off. As for the automatic flushers, I love them & hate them. i love them b/c it SOMETIMES makes it a
    Pipersmom2006

Answer by Pipersmom2006 at 11:38 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Yep, my foot. And to anyone that says it's nasty, it's not. If you choose to use your hand that's fine. The only way it's nasty is if people don't wash their hands after using that bathroom. That's nasty! No matter how you flush you should be washing your hands. Nothing that a little soap and water can't handle.
    LyTe684

Answer by LyTe684 at 8:28 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I'll use my foot sometimes, or a wad ot toilet paper and then toss it in so it gets flushed too. I love the bathrooms at my local mall. Everything is automated. There are no doors to open, the toilets flush automatically, you do have to pump the soap, but the water is on a sensor, they have slick new dryers that actually get your hands dry, and again no doors to open to get out.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 8:33 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I use TP or my foot to flush...Then scrub my hands...I hate public restrooms to begin with.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 8:34 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I'm like the other moms, my foot, and hover to pee, or use the paper things!
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 8:34 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I'll use my foot but in more modern toilets, I'll push the button with a knuckle. My biggest issue is when after you wash your hands, there is no garbage by the door for you to open it with paper and then throw it out. You know most people don't wash their hands when alone in there...and I've seen a few just walk out when I was there! EW
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 8:51 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• ONLY MY FOOT, AND MY KIDS TOO,

I TAUGHT THEM WHEN THEY ARE DONE WASHING THIER HANDS USE A NAPKIN TO SHUT SINK OFF, AND OPEN DOOR.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 9:16 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Foot!
    littleredpony

Answer by littleredpony at 9:21 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Yep - Foot!
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 9:25 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Always and only my foot.

momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 9:26 AM on Sep. 25, 2009