Has anyone else had something similar happen during sex?

Last night, I was not exactly "in the mood". However, my husband was, and he will be going out-of-state for a few months next week for a special class (he is Army). So, I figured I would let him have his fun while he can. Although I was not really into the act, it felt all right for a while. Then, shortly after we began, my mind started to wander. It seemed like all I could focus on was how fat I felt...how gross and sweaty we were...that there was this one hair on my head that had strung itself across my face in a very irritating way....

EternalChild86

Asked by EternalChild86 at 8:28 AM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You should had asked to continue the session in the shower, that would had made you feel sexy again and it gets him involved in a different way.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 8:37 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• oh gosh yah. I get out of the moment and I'm just staring at his stomach thinking "if there were some muscles down there, maybe this would feel better!" Then I ask to change positions to where I'm not looking at him. Or I see myself in the mirror and just think "that's not good" I think it happens to everyone- you just have to laugh or think about what makes him hot to you.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Pink. I think I'll paint the ceiling pink.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• You need to find a thought that turns you on. We all have one, & just try to think about that. I can't help but be turned on, but i think i have a very high sex drive.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:01 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• hahahahahaha. that happens to me alot. i often get turned off at how fat i look looking down at myself or how sweaty he gets. haha.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:01 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I do this all the time. I think it is natural for women, we have a lot on our plate these days. Did I leave the iron on? I wonder if he is repulsed by my c-secion scar? Did I sign DD's permission slip? Lord look how late it is...if I don't go to sleep soon I will be dead on my feet tomorrow, the baby gets up sooo early ugh. WTH?...is that a spider on the ceiling? I need to remember to polish my toenails before the weekend if I am going to wear sandals to dinner with the girls. Oh, wait, we're done? Yeah honey best ever for me too tee hee, good night!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:02 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Thank you ladies. Some of you made me laugh outright (like salexander!). I was really afraid that this was the first sign of an intimacy problem.
    EternalChild86

Answer by EternalChild86 at 11:33 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Yes, this happens to me a lot. We've been together for over 14 years, and sex tends to get somewhat routine. I'd say what happened to you was normal, especially since you weren't really in the mood to begin with! Sometimes we do things we don't really want to to please our husbands, but we can't do it with the same fervor we could if we'd been, uh, anxious ourselves.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 1:18 PM on Sep. 25, 2009