Do you think some people only follow the religion they do because they were raised with it and taught never to question it?

EternalChild86

Asked by EternalChild86 at 8:32 AM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:33 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Absolutely. Not all people but certainly some.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 8:37 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I believe that is true in some cases. I believe adults can guide the child but you must make your own decisions for yourself. Some children never question because they have no reason to, they are satisfied with the answers they've gotten already when they become adults. I became a Christian at 29years of age so I'm confident in my beliefs having already been through the struggles. I will share what I believe with my son but I will not force it down his throat. What good would that do? I want him to come to Christ on his own, not just because his Mommy told him to. He has to be secure in his own faith, otherwise it would be as fragile as spun sugar. I will be an example to him and an encouragment, that's the best I can do in addition to prayer.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 8:41 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• some people? Yea--I mean hardly anything is ALL

most people? NO, I think it is way too hard a commitment to practice what you don't believe for the rest of your life. I also know most adults have a reversion later in life and make the choice to remain or leave the church.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:46 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Yes.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:49 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• For some people, absolutely.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 8:50 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I believe that some are made to feel the fool because they question. even ostrised for asking. The religion I converted to almost demands that we question for if we don't question how will we understand?
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 9:05 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• yes
    necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 9:46 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Some people, sure, but not all.

A lot of people do deserve more credit than that, though.

;)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:09 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I think so, that's the way you were brought up, that's what you have always known, unless it really wasn't for you why would you want to change it.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 10:35 AM on Sep. 25, 2009