underactive thyroid

Anyone have an underactive thyroid? I'm showing signs of one tired, no energy, no sex drive, unable to lose weight, weird periods, irratation, depression. Can't get into see my doctor until October 8. Anything I can do to work with my symptoms.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:38 AM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Health

• Iodine and Amino Acids help with the thyroid, but I don't know that you'll see in swell in performance between now and the 8th. You can try eating foods that are rich in iodine, like the foods found here: * http://www.naturalhealthtechniques.com/Diet_Nutrition/iodine.htm

Please remember if the doctor says you're "within the normal range" have him discuss with you what your number was - I was "within normal" and had to go on tyroid medication. Everyone's "Normal" is different - don't let them get by with just saying that you're "within normal range"   you can be within the range and still be low for you. Insist on trying the tyroid medications if your number is near the lower end of the "normal range".

PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 8:51 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• thank you. My ex MIL works for an endiocrinologist and she was the one that suggested I get tested. Never thought to. Been in before complaining of the same problems and they treated me for depression and while yes my mood improved I still felt not really sick just drained. Did the meds make you gain weight?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• have your Dr do a thyroid blood test... you need your: TSH, T3 & T4 tested ALL three of them not just the standard test... if you are under you can take a thyroid replacement pill every day... it will take about 6weeks to really feel the effects ... the Dr is about the only way I know to get your issues resolved. until you get in to see your Dr I would suggest a GOOD multi vit... something with vit D...
    BlessingsBegin

Answer by BlessingsBegin at 9:06 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• right now im living with hachtimoti syndrom dieseas. its the beging stages of hypothyroidism. iv been battle it for over a half a year now. even had to stop breastfeeding my son i got soo sick. tiredness is part of it and you just have to learn to live. definatly have a test done tho to confirm. untill then try and eat well tkae vitamins and rest...
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 10:59 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I'm tired of always being tired and feeling well yucky honestly I have zero energy. I'm tired of telling my youngest mommy doesn't want to go to the park today cause I have zero energy to go. I know it's not mono cause I've had that before. And I'm tired of the doctor saying you need to rest. Thats all I do. I just want to feel like I'm human again and not run down all the time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• thanks for the advice ladies. I really hope someone can find out what the heck is wrong. Though another 2-3 months of feeling like crude doesn't sound fun maybe just maybe this time I'll have some luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Sep. 25, 2009