Other than Shaving....

Is there anything I can do about my arm hair? I have PCOS and my arm hair is dark , I hate my hairy arms! I hate the thoughts of shaving them though, because I've heard the hair grows back thicker. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Nair ? You can atleast try it.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 8:46 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I use Veet and I love it!
    trevsrockinmom

Answer by trevsrockinmom at 8:51 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Well, if you shave it, it will not grow back thicker. its basically cutting your hair with a razor and doing so does not alter your DNA. But I totally wouldn't want a 5 'o clock shadow on my arms, either. I know you could bleach it the same way women do with upper lip hair. Nair is also a good option if you want no hair...but be careful because that stuff has burned me literally.
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 8:53 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• just bleach it!

I have a lot of hair on my arms too, but i am blonde & my arm hair is white. It's very unnoticable & lthe bleach lasts for a very long time. My sister has dark hair, & bleaches hers.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:59 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I shave my arms... it isn't bad at all. It comes back actually rather soft for a couple of days and doesn't look bad because it is short. It grows back slower than my leg hairs too. I use a lot of lotion on my hands and arms, so the initial stubble that comes back isn't bad either... I don't even notice it.

and- hair doesn't come back thicker when you shave. Old theory. Sometimes it looks that way because the hair is cut straight across, not tapered like it would be naturally. Thus, when it begins showing again the hair seems fuller but it isn't really.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 9:17 AM on Sep. 25, 2009