Is this normal?

my baby is 3 1/2 months old and on average every 3-4 hours he only still drinks 3-5 ounces ... hes probably bout 14.5 pounds ... Just seems that most babies his age and weight drink bout 6-8 ounces?

mandie_jean

Asked by mandie_jean at 8:53 AM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sounds pretty normal to me. Have you talked to his doctor to voice your concerns?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• If he's not hungry and he's maintaining his growth curve...it's normal for HIM.

Mine started taking 8oz ever 2 hours at 6 weeks. That is NOT normal! LOL
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:55 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• My daughter didn't drink 6-8 ozs till she was around 6 months. The best thing to do is ask your peditrician how much the baby should have and when to start and stop things, they will let you know.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 8:56 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• if he is wetting diapers and pooping and not loosing a bunch of weight i would not be concerned. every baby is different. kelsey is 6 weeks and sometimes will eat 6ozs then others only eat 4ozs. it just depends on how hungry they r. when she eats 6 she wont want to eat for 6 hrs and when she eats 4 she eats ever 3 hrs. so it sounds like ur baby is eating smaller amounts more frequently
    monroemommyof2

Answer by monroemommyof2 at 9:05 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Every baby is different. Feed your baby as much (or as little) as he wants, when he wants it, and you'll be fine. My baby girl is 6 months old and only eats 3 or 4 ounces every few hours during the day. She likes to save her 6 ounce feedings for late afternoon and right before bedtime. She eats about 25 - 30 ounces a day total, most of that after 5 p.m. As long as your baby continues to gain weight, doesn't act like he is in pain, and is having regular dirty diapers, he's going to be fine. :) Hope this helps mama!

ktok2009

Answer by ktok2009 at 9:07 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• thats perfectly normal my dd was around that size at that age. she didnt take a 6 oz bottle till she was 8 mts
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 10:57 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• That's normal. My oldest never took more than 4 ounces. He never used the big bottles. He wasn't an eater, now at 14 he finally started eating.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:54 AM on Sep. 25, 2009