does anyone actually believe a baby has sin when they are born?

Not talking if we should or should not baptise just if someone believes baby carry sin. Please don't answer for anyone else, give what YOU think.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• No babies and children are innocent, we are born into a sinful world, as we are born into sin, they learn right from worng as they mature and what they learn from those around them, but we are born innocent.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 9:09 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• no and when i worked at walmart there was this psycho church lady who would come in and harass me and tell me that me and my baby r going to hell b/c i was not married when i had my children. she would give me these pamphlets that had a kid with a nuse around its neck being dragged to hell. even though i clearly did not agree with her she still made me feel like crap. eventually she got kicked out of the store and was asked to never come back i guess i was not the only one she was bothering.some ppl need to think before they talk and not try to psh their beliefs on others.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• No, but I believe they stain of Adam which can cause them to sin later in lfe. Big difference.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 9:16 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• The Bible says ALL people are born in sin and ALL fall short of the Glory of God so yes. baby's are born in sin but are still innocent untill they reach the age where they know right from wrong. JMO
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:16 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• * they have*
    oldermomof5

• No, babies aren't sinners, they are innocents.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 9:19 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• ok vbruno what the hell is the sin then? bc i would like to know...

what the baby do? bite the mother inside? go poop in mom b4 coming out? try to commit suicide by the cord? that is the stupidest thing i have ever heard in my life and IF it is in the bible this is a very good example of WHY i will not read the thing
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• No
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 9:51 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Babies are born innocent.....
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 9:56 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I believe that, generally speaking, every human has sin in them / are sinners, simply because we're human. BUT - I believe that since babies are not able to discern between right and wrong, and are not able to comprehend the concept of sin, they are not judged by God the way we, as adults, are.

So, while, technically, yes, since they are humans, they are sinners, no, they are not sinners in the sense that most people mean when they think the term. They are innocent and pure because they have no knowledge of sin - just like Adam and Eve BEFORE they ate from the tree of knowledge.

I think that God and His judgment is not all black and white - I believe He looks at each of us and judges us accordingly - he's not going to hold, say, a newborn to the same standards as an adult with full knowledge of right and wrong. He's bigger and more loving and full of grace for that.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:57 AM on Sep. 25, 2009