Christians reverts

I hear many stories of Christians that left their faith and then returned. How many of you examined your faith and made a conscience choice to be Christian?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I was a NON believer till 11 years ago. Then I examined my life, my beliefs and faith and what that meant to me. I'm a Christian now and Nope DONT go to church as every one I looked into was more concerned with how much $$ I would be giving to them. It was the first 3 pieces of paperwork on the applications to apply for membership at EVERY church I looked into. Man created "Church" Not God. Man seems to want your money and doesn't seem to care what your spiritual health is or isn't

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:15 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I was raised in one religion and after study and reflection made a conscious decision to leave that church and find another faith. Went through my mid-late 20's as nothing. In my late 20's and early 30's I have returned to my church home and have come back to God.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 9:24 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I did. I had a very difficult childhood to say the least, so while I went to church with my grandmother, I struggled at a very young age with reconciling the evils of the world with the grace of God. Then, as an adult, when my life was going really well, I had some medical stuff come up and I got very angry at God because of it. But, with God's patience and love, and with prayer and with time, I worked through it, and came out the other side of it with my faith intact.

But, it was a choice. I'm not one of those people (and that's not said in an insulting way) who was born into a Christian home, and raised to be a Christian without ever having a crisis of faith or any real challenge to it. Sometimes, I wish I was, but other times, I think in a way, I'm a better person for what I've faced.

Hope that makes sense.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:01 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• "It was the first 3 pieces of paperwork on the applications to apply for membership at EVERY church I looked into. " -vbruno

seriously? i've never heard of a church having paperwork/application for a prospective member to fill out..at least not any protestant churches. geez! i would think that's not normal.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 10:07 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• vbruno, did you every feel a presence? a pull to God? Was there a moment where you said uh HA I need to look deeper?

if any of this is too personal please just say so :) I am in a self exam mode right now that is why I am curious.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• vbruno - I'm sorry you went through that :-(

I don't know if we've been very blessed in the churches we've attended over the yrs (and since we move - a LOT - we've attended a lot of different churches in a lot of different places), or if you just happen to live in an area that doesn't have very good churches, or have been very unlucky in the ones you've attended.

I've never been asked how much money we made though!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:22 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Me, but then I left again after I really did some digging into the origins of Judaism and Christianity and returned to Paganism. I'll never go back now.
    NewDay810

Answer by NewDay810 at 1:57 PM on Sep. 25, 2009