• In the Spotlight:

For everyone

As I was unhappily driving through the corn fields this morning, because one of my children just couldn't get out of bed. This quote came to me.
" we are not physical beings in a spiritual world, but spiritual beings in a physical world"
I want everyones thoughts on this, But here's catch. you can only answer once and you cannot respond to others. Play nice or don't play at all. Also I'm posting anon for a change as I don't want any preconcieved notions as to why. Just think of me as a cat I'm courious. This sucks no spell check. argg

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• i think its true
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Our souls are what makes us spiritual. Our souls are what allows us to go back to the Father. Our physical make up is what confuses what we really are.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 9:20 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Love the quote, very thought provoking. Im going to have to say I agree!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:34 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I think we are spiritual beings in a physical world, trapped in flesh untill we die.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:43 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I don't believe in souls.....so I'd say we're physical beings in a world where most people are spiritual.
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 9:43 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• we are not physical beings in a spiritual world, but spiritual beings in a physical world

I think it means that it doesnt matter about our human bodies now.but it will all matter about our Spirit bodies in the end!
    bonham

Answer by bonham at 9:58 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I do find that I agree with the quote. At least, in terms of my own personal experience. But I feel as though I am spiritual. If someone who feels they are not spiritual, who doesn't believe in spirits or souls or what have you, answers, I'm sure their perception will lead them to say they disagree with the quote.

Really, its all about one's own personal faith (or lack thereof), whether or not they agree.

And there's nothing wrong with that.

=)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:59 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I believe that too! We are spirtual and yet physical but I believe that our spirit lives on, we will leave our physical selves oneday.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Click on "Use full Editor" for spell check.

I disagree with the quote but that is because I do not believe in souls or a spiritual world. I believe a person's souls is simply their inner consciousness. Their thoughts, feelings, knowledge, experience, etc.Their "Inner self" so to speak. When they die their brain ceases to function and thus their "inner self" or consciousness ceases to exist as well.

However this is only my perspective in which the term spiritual refers to souls. If you use spiritual to refer to a person's inner emotion then the answer might change. So the definition of spiritual is important in deciding the context of the quote.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:11 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Krisiti I dont think there is full editor when you are posting a question.

As for me, i agree with the quote.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:54 AM on Sep. 25, 2009