What makes you a Hardcore Mama? Have you.......

Survived Cancer?

Perservered when it seemed the world was against you?

Done something heroic?

Given birth naturally?

Do you "Live to Ride and Ride to Live?"

I have kept my faith and found it strengthened despite the untimely death of my husband, nursed through two plugged ducts (Ouch!),and given myself a Brazilian bikini wax, which actually brought this question to mind. (LOL!) In my book I'm at least a tad hardcore, lol! You?

WindyTheWidow

Asked by WindyTheWidow at 9:30 AM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You are ALL Hardcore Mama's! Thank ya'll for sharing your stories.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 8:39 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• If you can do a brazilian wax to yourself, your more hardcore and tough than I will ever be. Kudo's to you.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:34 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• In my old like I was an Esthetician, so at least I have the professional set up, lol. It does make it easier. Somehow doing it myself actually hurts less than paying someone to do it for me. Although, last night, there were a couple of strips I just didn't think I was going to be able to pull off, but once you lay the wax you really don't have much of a choice, lol.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 9:38 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• *life* not *like*
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 9:39 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I second the Kudos!!

I had a stroke when I was 27, confined to a wheel chair for a year, told I'd never walk again, had brain surgery when I was 28. Walked again and shocked the crap outta my neurologist, surgeons and doctors. Went back to school afterward, got a divorce 5 years later, supported both my teenage sons on my own, got remarried 2 years ago and both of us Live to Ride and Ride to Live. And that's just the last decade - shall we talk about the first 27 years? Those were the years that made me such a Hardcore Momma who could survive just what I've listed.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 9:43 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Whoa! PaceMyself! As of right now the award goes to YOU! You are one Hardcore Mama!
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 9:47 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Actually, I would like to know about those first 27 years.....
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 9:48 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I have given birth naturally, and let me just say f-ing ouch! I have raised 5 kids, 3 of them as a single mother with no child support while working two jobs and putting myself through school. I have had a home forclosed on. Moved 6 times in 3 yrs, I have had 4 major surgeries in 4 yrs. My dd had major surgery and spent 10 days in intensive care when she was 10. I have applied for and been granted scholorships to put all of my children through private school so they can have a better life than I do-did. I have sent my kids to bed knowing they were still hungry..that was the worst. And this just in...burried my dad who died very unexpectedly on July 5th. I however am one of the most blessed women on the planet. I do not have critically ill children,nor have I had to burry one. I have awesome family and friends and a job that I like. I count my blessings every day! We are women hear us roar!

salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:48 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I don't think giving birth "naturally" qualifies. Some mamas have it easier than others. Some are more suited for it. The fact that I survived my first birth experience at all qualifies me. Let's just say, I almost didn't make it. The fact that I did it again 5 years later, qualifies me for the crazy house, I think!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:13 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I survived years of child abuse and neglect and then abuse by my first husband until I learned that it was not a normal way of life.
    I lived through paralization to my legs and withstood surgery and about 9 years of therapy to regain my strength and overcome the chronic pain.
    I survived a year in and out of psychiatric hospitals and then fought my disorders by going through half a year of electroconvulsive therapy (ECT).
    I raised 3 beautiful daughters, but my oldest turned into someone we don't know. She gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, but lives in a dreamworld. I am now going through motherhood all over again by raising my granddaughter, which I consider more of a blessing than a hardship.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:14 AM on Sep. 25, 2009