repost: crib and bed in the same room? I have a question...

I only got one response, so I thought i'd try again! I decided to set up my sons toddler bed in his room yesterday. we now have the space, and he is trying to climb out of the crib (doesnt quite, but he's trying). well we cant afford a new mattress so will just have this one. I guess what I'll have to do till the crib is gone, is switch the mattress back and forth: crib at night, bed during the day for playtime naps etc. well one thing I am concerned about, is while we slowly transfer him to the bed at night, the crib will still be in his room for "backup", but with there only being one mattress the crib will be empty and if he got up in the middle of the night I'd hate for him to get hurt! if you're in the same situation or understand, how can I "babyproof" that part of the nursery? or is there not much I can do till the crib is out of the room?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Sep. 25, 2009 in General Parenting

• I do not know, I'd just put him in his bed, take down the crib and put ta baby gate up at the door so he can't leave his room, and he can get back in bed and go to sleep.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 9:59 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I agree that would be the best thing to do. Just take the crib on out of the room. If you are needing something you can put him in at another time of day that he can't get out of I would use a playpen.
    Katysmom

Answer by Katysmom at 10:03 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Put him in his bed and take the crib down.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Agreed, slowly transitioning will just prolong the agony so to speak. Just put up the bed and the gate. In all honesty my DD didn't realize she could get out of bed herself for over a week when we switched her. Good luck!
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 10:14 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I agree, just make the leap and put him in the bed, rather than having a safety issue. Or take the bed out of the room until he is climbing out of the crib.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:55 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• OP HERE! thanks for the answers so far ladies! although I have "17 months experience" at being a mommy, this is still brand new to me lol I dont really have any close friends or relatives nearby helping me out and i'm clueless!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 PM on Sep. 25, 2009