Anyone have the 10 year IUD?

My husband and I are happy with our two boys and we have decided not to have anymore kids. I am thinking about getting the 10 year IUD, but I wanted some feedback from other women who have used it.

nancylo78

Asked by nancylo78 at 10:03 AM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Health

• I've had mine for over 5 years and I LOVE it!! I haven't had any problems with it, to be honest I forget its there most of the time. My husband can feel it but not to were it hurts him, he forgets about it too. I didn't gain any weight off of it. You only have to check it every month on your own to make sure its in place (which is really easy) When I first got it I was a little sore about a day but they said to take a pain pill before coming in and I didn't so that might have been why. You should know within the first day if your body will reject it or not, if you do reject it, I heard it just falls out but I'm not 100% sure on that. My periods last about 5 days at most and are very very light. Umm that's about all I think of off the top of my head but if you have any questions just ask :)
    Gindonni

Answer by Gindonni at 11:16 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I do, what do you want to know? I've only had it since June though.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 10:10 AM on Sep. 25, 2009