Christians! How do you turn that other cheek online?

How how HOW do you turn your other cheek when you a person taking your words, twisting them and making them into something else?

Right now I am just saying I will not respond I will not respond I will not respond.

actually right now I am getting off the computer...

Lord PLEASE look over me and help me show my Christian side!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Don't post certain questions or read questions that deal with religion, or post your answer and don't go back to read all the crap, let it land where it lies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Well, bless your heart. It is not as hard as you think. Remember angry words stir up wrath but kind works make a hard situation gentle.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 10:14 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• If I can't say something nicely, I try not to say it at all. I either don't respond, or I just don't go back and look like the other poster said.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 10:23 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I try to remember that it's not always written in the tone that I read it in. I know that there have been times that I have read something in a different "tone" than it was written, or that what I wrote was taken in the wrong "tone" - and that's even been with people I know in real life, let alone on the internet :-)

Plus, I just try to remember that sometimes, they aren't trying to twist your words, they're just trying to understand what you meant, or to explain what they're trying to say in a way that makes sense to you :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:24 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Take a long hard look at your own words!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Many Christians actually are the ones to start the fight. You can state your position politely but then don't argue with someone when they attack your stance. Let them know that you respect their belief but that you have the same right to believe as you do. If they don't let it drop then you drop it. Stop visiting that question and move onto the next.

I visit the religion section and disagree with many things that are said but I think most of them also realize that I feel since we're all adults that we can agree to disagree with out tearing each other up. That when we die we will find out then who was right and who was wrong.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 10:35 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• lol - anon, if you're the same anon in the other thread, believe me, I have been. I've taken several deep breaths while reading your words, trying to convince myself that you are truly not trying to twist my words or mock my faith, simply because I don't share yours exactly.

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:41 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• This post doesn't have anything to do with you sailorwifenmom. I think anon was talking to me, the original poster, and suggesting I look in all areas. I happen to agree with her as you do. I always believe we have to examine our insides to understand our outsides.

Not that everything will always be my fault or their fault but how will I know the truth if I can't look at myself. Maybe I am in just a funky mood today. I am going to get off the computer for a few hours, maybe the rest of the day who knows.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• *in* a funky mood today. Next time I will proof.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Thank you for clearing that up :-)

I really do try to give people the benefit of the doubt, especially on the computer. But sometimes it's harder than it is at other times.

I hope that whatever it is that's upsetting you gets better for you - and that your Friday (which I'm assuming is just starting, since you said you might be getting off for the rest of the day) is as good as my Friday here was (where our Friday is almost over :-) )
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:10 AM on Sep. 25, 2009