Would you be mad?

I got home from my dr. appt. and i found my son screaming his head off in his crib because he had awaken from his nap and my husband (who had laid down for a nap also) did not hear him. Usually he wakes up around 1:30-2 which left him in there for an hour crying. I was extremely furious with my husband, but he insisted it "wasn't his fault" because he didn't hear him. Would you have been mad too? My son is 22 Months old.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my husband does not wake up when my son cries. i have seen it, and it is true! and our rooms are right across the hall. i would be very very upset but i would believe him in my case because i know it's true. but i would say in future he should go ahead and set an alarm if he's going to nap while your son is napping. :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 11:15 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• How do you not hear that, he heard it, he was just being a lazy asshole neglecting his child who needed him. As a parent you have to make sacrafices and he needs to be more of a parent and less selfish. I'd be mad too momma.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 10:17 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Yeah, I would have. I mean, if its true he didn't hear him I mean there's not much you can do about it but the odds of him sleeping through a screaming 22 month old is HIGHLY unlikely unless he was passed out drunk - believe me, I HAVE A 22 month old!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:22 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• TBH, most of the men I've heard say they didn't hear the baby will say, later on out of mom's hearing that they just didn't want to get up. I think that's horrible and I'd be furious.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 10:22 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• He could have done something, a baby monitor, sleep in a room close to the baby, something. I napped while my girls napped but I had a monitor beside me to wake me up when they did, not to menchen I was one room away. 

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 10:25 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• How did he not hear that? I would have been mad too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• And you've never slept through an alarm clock?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• oh and we have a baby monitor and he still does not wake up. i also had a roomate in college for a few months who did not wake up with her alarm. and it was loud. she could be sitting up in bed, with a book on her lap, with her alarm going off LOUD and she would not wake up! sometimes i would come in and realize that the alarm had been going off for like 10 minutes. i sort of feel sorry for her because she was always late for stuff but obviously it wasn't really her fault. she must have had some kind of sleep disorder though imo.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 11:17 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• it is his fault, he should have been where he could hear the baby
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 12:01 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• just hope that it was an accident. You dont want to jump to conclusions but i would definitely ask your dh to please not let it happen again.
    ashleyuc07

Answer by ashleyuc07 at 3:04 PM on Sep. 25, 2009