AAAAHHH I hate mosqitos!!! (dont know if i spelled that correctly lol)

omg I used to live in California and I rarely ever got bit by these little blood sucking deamons. but now in Tennesse in my new apartment they are eating me and my daughter alive. we both have numerous scars from scratching the damn bites. it iches like crazy and I am constantly scratching then I wake up in the morning with scabs all over my legs AAAAAAAHHHH I hate these. my hubby tells me to cover myself at night but i cant I get hott and I end up throwing them off in the middle of the night OMG this sucks..... sorry just needed to vent thanks for reading

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Two things work well - Listerine, plain old Listerine in a spray bottle and Tea tree oil mixed with witch hazel and lavender oil helps as a spritz for your skin.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 10:19 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I do tooo! I live in NC and they are pretty bad here at my moms in the evenings and afternoons, all summer my legs and ankles have gotten eaten up. They like to live around water, so check for leaks and standing water around your home and try to fix it.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 10:21 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Skin so soft from avon...the regular scent...keeps the bugs away and your skin soft and smells good.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 10:21 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Try benedrl spray as well. It helps to keep them off as well as treating the bites you already have.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 10:22 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Sounds like you leave your windows open and the AC off? And you have know screans on your windows.

We live in Oklahoma. There is know way I sleep with the AC off and the windows open. Because of that reason alone.

Answer by louise2 at 10:23 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Use apple cider vinegar in a tepid bath to stop the bites from itching. (Thus stopping the scratching and the scabs.) It doesn't repel the damn critters, though. Skin So Soft bath oil from Avon will repel most insects known to humankind. The troops deployed to Iraq use it in preference to the insect repellent provided by the military because it works better.

pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 10:41 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I'm sick of them, too!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:05 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Weird. We used to live in TN and rarely had mosquitos in the house. And now we live in WV and still don't have moquitos in the house. We even have widows open frequently, we just make sure our screens are in good shape.

It should be getting too cool for mosquitos now. Or at least very soon.

Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 11:06 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• MAN TELL ME ABOUT IT I LIVE IN LOUISIANA, ITS HORRIBLE ,BUT SINCE WE QUIT SMOKING ITS NOT AS BAD BECAUSE WERE NOT IN AND OUT OF THE HOUSE AT NIGHT! AT DUSK TIME ITS THE WORST! ALSO IF YOU LEAVE LIGHTS ON NEAR YOUR DOORS ,THEY WILL BE MORE ATTRACTED TO COME IN! ALSO IF YOU HAVE A WINDOW UNIT,MAKE SURE YOU SEAL IT TIGHT INTO THE WINDOW ! WE USE SKIN SO SOFT AND OFF FOR KIDS , THEY JUST CAME OUT WITH A NEW OFF FOR WOMEN THAT MAKES YOUR SKIN SMOOTH AND IT SMELLS GOOD! GL
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 11:17 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• We use Listerine also (the brown nasty stuff) put it in the spray bottle and then spray it around where you will be or heck i have put it directly on my skin and the buggers hate it and stay away. Good luck you may smell a little but you can either have the bug bites or smell like listerine LOL. Good luck!!
    Julahan

Answer by Julahan at 1:33 PM on Sep. 25, 2009