Timing for a yard sale in a warmer climate?

Has anyone living in a warmer climate had a yard sale in November? Did it go well?

I live in Florida and I usually have an annual yard sale in January, before my DD's b-day at the end of the month. My theory is with people strapped for cash this year, perhaps more people will want to hit up garage sales before the holidays.

What do you think? Should I bother with a yard sale before the holidays or wait until after?

Thanks!

Xynyth

Asked by Xynyth at 10:21 AM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Shopping

• I live in FL too...I like yard sales later in the year bc its not 9 million degrees out in the AM. I would try early November---I think the closer you get to thanksgiving the less people might be interested.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 10:23 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• That's what I was thinking, like the first or second weekend in November. :)

That's why I usually do it in January, I HATE the heat lol.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 10:24 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I used to live in FLa and loved yard saling all year but there aren't alot out in November or December. I agree with the others, try the beginning of November.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 2:16 PM on Sep. 25, 2009

• If you have a lot of fairly new items or like new items, then yes I would go ahead and have the yard sale in November. I know many people who are short on cash for the holidays would go to a yard sale to look for suitable gifts. I'm in WA and am going to have a yard sale the first weekend of November. I doubt it will go as well as if I was in FL though lol!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 10:37 AM on Sep. 28, 2009