What diapers to use?!

My son is 12 weeks old and he just started sleeping through the night (10-12 hrs). Yay!! BUT, now he wakes up with his clothes SOAKED up to his chest! I went to the store and all the "goodnight" diapers were size 4 and up! I got these Pampers diapers that said they were good for "up to 12 hours" YEAH RIGHT! Did you have this problem with your boys? What diaper should do the trick?

SandraB383

Asked by SandraB383 at 10:24 AM on Sep. 25, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Brands of diapers work different for differnent babies, my daughter wears pampers but not the 12 hour ones, the other's are great. She leaks through other types and is allergic to huggies. But my cousin has always used huggies with her son and they work great for him. Shop around and try out different ones, and always change diaper before he goes to bed.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 10:26 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I think that luvs are the best, maybe you could make sure that the diaper is positioned higher up in front, I've even heard of moms putting 2 diapers on thier boys, or a bigger sizefor the night. Good Luck!
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 10:27 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I use Pampers and the most part they are fine. I try to give him nothing to drink but BM after about 6 and that seems to help. His diaper usually only leaks when Grandma is watching him and gives him a sippy full of juice right up until bedtime. Babiesrus carries DiaperDoublers which are like pads to put in any diaper to make them more absorbent.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 10:28 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I swore by Pampers when my son did this, but that was almost 11 years ago and back then Pampers had that plastic lining on the outside of them....now they are "breathable." What worked best for my daughters was LUVS. I would try them.
    Gaskinwife

Answer by Gaskinwife at 10:29 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• We use Huggies and have the best results with them. He still soaks through sometimes, but not as much as with other brands. Try one size up, at least for night. Huggies also makes a night time brand. I haven't tried them, though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• My son wears target brand diapers. I have only had one accident with him during the night were they leaked. He is 17 months old now. We tried just about every diaper before landing on this brand.
    Anonymous

• We use Huggies we havent had any problems with them I had one pack of pampers we got from my baby shower and he leaked through those one night. He is 2 months old. and we are sticking with huggies lil snuglers I think thats what they are called.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 10:35 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Have you tried putting the diaper a little farther up in the front? Or making it a little tighter? It might help unless he poops a lot at night...don't want it to go out the back.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I only used Pampers. Other brands leaked on my kids. You may need to go up a size. The weight on the box isn't really accurate. I found my kids outgrew them way before they hit the weight limit on the box. Yay for sleeping through the night!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:40 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• The diapers should be able to hold for 12 hours, but with a boy if his penis is facing up when you put the diaper on he may just be peeing out of the diaper all together. This happend with one of my boys, try making sure it is pointed down but if that dosen't work try using the next size up for night time.
    trying2survive

Answer by trying2survive at 12:32 PM on Sep. 25, 2009